Flobeds vs SleepEZ...found an important difference!
Apr 15, 2010 2:03 PM
While I sit here waiting for my SleepEZ 13000 mattress which arrives tomorrow, I had a chance to surf a few latex bed websites. I noticed something about the Flobed vs SleepEZ firmness exhange program.

SleepEz only uses brand new comfort layers for their comfort exchange.  Flobeds uses previously used layers that are "sanitized" or for $50 more, you can have brand new.

Glad I went with SleepEZ because the thought of a previously used layer skeeves me out.  I dont care if they use nuclear irradiation, it has been slept on.  YUCK!!!

Just my $.02.

This message was modified Apr 15, 2010 by PLamarine
Re: Flobeds vs SleepEZ...found an important difference!
Reply #9 Apr 16, 2010 12:14 PM

PLamarine wrote

The returned replacement layer is taken out of production.  

Meaning, it is thrown out?

I'm sooooo curious about how they don't lose massive amounts of money if that is true.  Won't someone please ask them that and then post the answer in this thread. cheeky

Reply #10 Apr 16, 2010 3:07 PM
I am also curious what SleepEZ does with the exchanged latex cores.  I also feel both FloBeds and SleepEZ should offer different topper thicknesses ranging from 1", 1.5" to 2". I ended up returning my topper to FloBeds and buying a 1" topper from Brylane Homes since I needed only a little bit of a cushion and could not sleep with the 2" topper but could not sleep without a topper due to sleeping on my side and needing some cushion on the pressure points.

The old cover from FloBeds I did not like but the new cover I love.

Reply #11 Apr 17, 2010 9:35 AM
I love the organic cotton/wool mattress cover that came with my SleepEZ 13000 bed.  I had my first night sleep on it last night and it was great!
Reply #12 Apr 17, 2010 10:30 AM
Plamarine, that is nice that SleepEZ is now sending comfortable covers so thank you for sharing.  The cover is one of the most important parts of the bed and I am glad I was able to fit my 1" topper under the zippered cover. There is room for another 1" with a tight fit but I like the way the fit is right now on my FloBed but I wish that FloBeds and SleepEZ would both offer toppers that have varying thicknesses since we are all so different in our needs. I also love my Brylane Topper since it was a little bit big (not too small like the cheaply made overstock 1" topper that fell apart on me) and I was able to cut it down to fit perfectly. It also has no seams and is all natural Talalay Latex.  One of the replacement toppers FloBeds sent me smelled so bad that it was embarrassing since I had guests that weekend.  The Brylane topper had just about no smell but I aired it out anyway over my banister before using it and it is the part of my bed that really adds to my comfort since I ended up going with all layers from 35 ILD (wish was 37 ILD at least but averaged too low and I kept this one and exhchanged a core poorly made that was firmer before I realized that each ILD made a difference to me on the feel) to 46 (forgot if it was 46 or 47.... have to look up prior posts) for both sides of my bed with that little bit of soft cushion on top. This is what is most comfortable for me with my heavenly latex pillow from Overstock. I had to buy 6 overstock pillows to get 2 that were perfect for me. The other 4 are good for me but just a tiny bit too thick to be as comforable as the 2 I am using. The others I use for guests and for shams if I ever want to dress my bed up.

Reply #13 Apr 18, 2010 12:03 AM
You bought the organic mattress, the one made with 100% natural instead of blended Talalay?  Is the mattress cover woven or knit?  I put my daughter's new bedframe together today, and I sold her old bed and mattress at a garage sale this morning, so I need to get off my butt and order her a mattress.  I am thinking I'll order the Sleepez, then I'll have one from both Sleepez and Flobeds and can do a direct comparison.
Reply #14 Apr 18, 2010 1:55 AM
Kimberly, I think this is a great idea!  I also feel that now that you have an idea of the firmness configuration that you like and your daughter may like based on the FloBed latex layers, you have a chance of getting it right the first time with the SleepEZ bed. Please keep us updated.
Reply #15 Apr 18, 2010 8:11 AM
KimberlyH wrote:

You bought the organic mattress, the one made with 100% natural instead of blended Talalay?  Is the mattress cover woven or knit?  I put my daughter's new bedframe together today, and I sold her old bed and mattress at a garage sale this morning, so I need to get off my butt and order her a mattress.  I am thinking I'll order the Sleepez, then I'll have one from both Sleepez and Flobeds and can do a direct comparison.

No, I bought the blended Talalay, but they sent me the organic cotton cover since they were out of the regular ones.  Good for me, and it cost me nothing extra.

Reply #16 Apr 18, 2010 12:57 PM
So . . . what is the organic cover like?  Woven cotton and wool or knit cotton and wool?
Reply #17 Apr 19, 2010 7:43 AM
KimberlyH wrote:

So . . . what is the organic cover like?  Woven cotton and wool or knit cotton and wool?

Here is a pic, I am not sure if it is knit or what:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/Plamar/040.jpg

This message was modified Apr 19, 2010 by PLamarine
Reply #18 Apr 19, 2010 1:16 PM
it looks like it's knit, I'll ask when I phone today.  The easiest way to tell is . . . . is the fabric most comparable to one of your t-shirts or more comparable to say, a button down shirt you might wear to work?
This message was modified Apr 19, 2010 by KimberlyH

Recent Posts