flare mattress
Jun 12, 2014 12:13 PM
Has anyone had experience with a flare mattress? Good and bad issues. Thank you.
Re: flare mattress
Reply #4 Jul 20, 2014 1:48 PM
Thank you for your comments. We bought a flare mattress - King Coil XL 250 three weeks ago and love it! It seems to give us so much more room than a regular queen but uses our queen headboard and footboard. Deep pocket queen sheets fit fine. It doesn't look "funny" as I thought it would - nobody would notice the trapezoid shape unless you pointed it out to them. The edges are firm so you can use the whole mattress. We are thrilled with this new very clever mattress.
Reply #5 Jul 22, 2014 4:08 PM
nancy2014 wrote:

Thank you for your comments. We bought a flare mattress - King Coil XL 250 three weeks ago and love it! It seems to give us so much more room than a regular queen but uses our queen headboard and footboard. Deep pocket queen sheets fit fine. It doesn't look "funny" as I thought it would - nobody would notice the trapezoid shape unless you pointed it out to them. The edges are firm so you can use the whole mattress. We are thrilled with this new very clever mattress.

Nancy.  Happy you are happy with the mattress.  What are the actual dimensions?  Mattdud

Reply #6 Aug 14, 2014 4:09 PM
The queen flare is 66" wide - 10% wider than a regular queen. It's amazing how much extra room that seems to give.
Reply #7 Aug 18, 2014 4:27 PM
Nancy2014.  Very interesting.  Such a wide bed.  I don't understand how regular queen mattress sheets will fit it.  An additional 6 inches is a lot.  Mattdud

Recent Posts