Custom Comfort in Southern California
Aug 31, 2009 6:42 PM
I'm still searching for my mattress but I wanted to let everyone know about a mattress company I visited last weekend in Mission Viejo in Southern California called Custom Comfort.  Here is their website:

http://www.customcomfortmattress.com

This is a family owned business that builds their own mattresses in their own factory.  We went in to look at the OMI organic latex mattress, but quickly discarded that idea when we saw Custom Comfort's own manufactured latex mattresses.  They use all Talalay latex from LI.  I'd been to what mattress stores I could find in Southern California trying latex mattresses from various manufacturers (e.g. Land and Sky, OMI, Sweda, Sealy, the Healthy Back Store's latex mattress) and the Custom Comfort line of latex mattresses beat them all by a mile. 

The floor models are shown in three basic firmness levels, but they will custom build a mattress with whatever latex thicknesses and ILDs the customer wants.  I was very impressed by their friendliness and knowledge, and they did not try to talk down to me, simplify things for me, or throw me any sales pitches - just straight talk about types of latex and mattress components with sample cross sections of their mattresses, competitor's mattresses, their foundations, the frame, everything.

Their latex mattresses are built double-sided so you can turn and flip them to extend the mattress lifespan.

I haven't purchased my mattress yet, but this was exactly the kind of business and mattress I was looking for.  I'm taking my husband in next weekend to try them out and can hardly wait to buy one.

Just another option for everyone to consider :)
Re: Custom Comfort in Southern California
Reply #5 Sep 2, 2009 8:23 PM
Well, I got an email today from Custom Comfort saying that they use Talatech latex.

The comfort guarantee is 30 days in which they will adjust the mattress layers at no charge.

The warranty is basically 10 years, which doesn't bother me; from all I've read that's about the life of a mattress anyway.

I still need to look further into the components of the quilted mattress cover.
Re: Custom Comfort in Southern California
Reply #6 Sep 2, 2009 9:16 PM
Talatech is Latex International's brand name for their blended Talalay product.

Recent Posts