Custom Comfort bed?
Apr 19, 2008 2:32 PM
Hi everyone, I have been reading this forum for years, due to trouble signing on and getting set up to be able to post, was not able to until now!  I have read just about everyone's plight with the one sided mattress dilemmas, and I've been there myself.  I've bought only one 1 sided mattress set from macy's, and it was junk--lasted about a year and a half and since then have been on a quest to find a double sided mattress set that I can actually sleep on.

I've tried Monterey Mattress Company in Monterey CA, and I posted my experience under the review section.  I would not recommend anyone buying their products.

I've also bought 2 twin European Sleepworks beds, different configurations, and found that they may use recycled/used foam in their beds.  I only found this out because I unzipped my own twin bed and found that it was not the bed I'd chosen in their showroom, and went to exchange my foam piece at their warehouse in Richmond.  When I was there, I had the opportunity to see the inside of the warehouse, and observe some unsavory practices. Needless to say, after I brought this up with the owner of the store in their Berkeley showroom about what I'd discovered, I got my money back on both the beds I'd bought there.

I've had 2 negative experiences with bed making companies (small companies, but nonetheless) and feel I'm almost at the end of the road here in California in being able to find a company that still makes a 2 sided flippable bed that I can afford, and travel to purchase.  I have Bay Bed in Santa Cruz left to try, and Custom Comfort in Anaheim left to try.  I only discovered Bay Bed from Beddybye's post, and I'm thankful she was able to get enough information out here on this forum for me to discover that!

My question is:  has anyone bought a Custom Comfort bed (Anaheim) that they're happy with? This store's website has too many to choose from, but I do know from experience with European Sleepworks beds that use latex foam, that I will NOT choose latex foam as my comfort layer. It's gonna be PU foam, over springs.  That much I've got dialed in.

Thanks everyone!

This message was modified Apr 20, 2008 by justjulie19
Re: Custom Comfort bed?
Reply #1 Jun 1, 2008 12:00 PM
Hi, Julie:

We purchased from Custom Comfort in Mission Viejo, CA probably 7 years ago.  We got the 2Xfirm plush and they are still in decent shape,even after two cross-country moves.  The only reason we are replacing them is that I have back / bone / joint issues and am incresingly less tolerant of an innerspring mattress.  They are still in better shape that my parents newer ones, so they might actually take them for dad since he can't get comfortable on anything.  I also recently questioned a former neighbor about their latex mattress, to find that it was from Custom Comfort as well.

Good luck :)

Recent Posts