Comfort levels of fiberbed toppers
Jul 18, 2009 8:34 PM
Just want to get some more input of others who get a better nights sleep using a fiberbed on top of a regular mattress.  I recently began using one on my extra firm, flippable OMF new mattress, and love it.  Before I added it, my back ached constantly throughout  the night, and It took a while in the morning to straighten up.  Now, I sleep so well and the bed is very comfortable with the 2 inches of added "softness".  Wondering if anyone else has had success with a fiberbed, or if this is just a tempory "high", love-it-to-death then hate it, type of thing.
Re: Comfort levels of fiberbed toppers
Reply #1 Jul 19, 2009 6:43 PM
I added one on top of my bed and it made my shoulders feel lots better.  I think it wears better than foam because you can re-fluff it as you desire.  Foam loses its fluff and you can't fix that.
Kait
Reply #2 Jul 19, 2009 10:28 PM
Does the fiber bed topper go over your sheets or under them?  Does it stay in place well?
Reply #3 Jul 20, 2009 11:51 PM
MequonJim wrote:
Does the fiber bed topper go over your sheets or under them?  Does it stay in place well?

I have tried them both ways . WIth my old featherbed, I placed it on the mattress cover, and put a fitted sheet over it.  It was extremely comfortable that way, but you have to remove the edge of the fitted sheet to "fluff it up"  several times a week.  With my new Queen fiberbed, I have found  using a full, flat sheet on top of it works great. And find that it seems "much softer" and more luxurious that way. And if it needs fluffed, it is much easier to do.  You can enjoy the fiberbed much more with a "loose" fitting sheet on top of it, and a full sheet works perfectly ontop of a queen mattress fiberbed.  It does not "pack it down" as much as a fitted sheet. With the fitted sheet, it just felt a bit too "tight" to sleep on.  Good luck. And fiberbeds do stay in [place very well. Mine is actually quite heavy. It doesn't move at all during the night or when I change the sheets.  And depending on the type of mattress you are using, a queen fiberbed fits perfectly on a queen mattress...theres been a lot of comments on buying the next larger size, but it worked for me.
This message was modified Jul 21, 2009 by Marybeth
Reply #4 Jul 20, 2009 11:55 PM
Marybeth wrote:
I have tried them both ways . WIth my old featherbed, I placed it on the mattress cover, and put a fitted sheet over it.  It was extremely comfortable that way, but you have to remove the edge of the fitted sheet to "fluff it up"  several times a week.  With my new Queen fiberbed, I have found  using a full, flat sheet on top of it works great. And find that it seems "much softer" and more luxurious that way. And if it needs fluffed, it is much easier to do.  You can enjoy the fiberbed much more with a "loose" fitting sheet on top of it, and a full sheet works perfectly ontop of a queen mattress fiberbed.  It does not "pack it down" as much as a fitted sheet. With the fitted sheet, it just felt a bit too "tight" to sleep on.  Good luck!  And it does stay in place very, very well...for it actually is quite heavy...at least mine is.  No movement, even when changing the sheets. Whereas, my old featherbed, tended to "move" quite easily, and was much firmer.  I believe fiberbeds are the way to go if you want a bit more "softer" feel.
Reply #5 Jul 21, 2009 8:15 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience Marybeth.
Reply #6 Jul 23, 2009 8:10 PM
MequonJim wrote:
Thank you for sharing your experience Marybeth.

You are welcome.  I am still "loving" it at the end of week 2. 
This message was modified Jul 28, 2009 by Marybeth
Reply #7 Jul 26, 2009 9:21 PM
Marybeth wrote:
You are welcome.  I am still "loving" it at the end of week 2.  Hummm....is that how you get so many points?  Commenting on sites...?

No, it is number of posts.  I'm glad you are still enjoying it.  Maybe I will order one.

Recent Posts