Choosing a Latex Topper for firm matress
Sep 16, 2013 3:17 PM
Hey Guys,

Wondering if some of you can give me some feedback on your experience of adding a talalay latext topper topper to a too firm matress.  My situation is that I just bought a Simmons Beautyrest Recharge firm matress 1 1/2 months ago and am finding it a little bit too firm.  I'm experiencing some pressure point pain (a little) and lower spine pain when I sleep on my side because I think my hips are not sinking in enough.  I'm mostly a side sleeper and some stomach as well.  I'm a 6'2 male, 235lbs.  I as looking at purchasing the 3" 24 ILD talalay latext topper from Brooklyn Bedding.  My concern here is if this would be too soft for my weight?  How do you decide the thickness of the topper/comfort layer vs the ILD rating?   I assume the ILD rating is more critcal to get right based on the distribution of your body weight and body shape so that you get the best support overall?  Is there anyone else with similar weight that can chime in?

thanks

davemac2

Re: Choosing a Latex Topper for firm matress
Reply #1 Sep 27, 2013 11:18 AM
We had a similar situation with a firm Serta. The bed was great for support but it hurt the shoulders a little bit. We got a 2", 32 ILD topper and it did the trick.  We figured that we were almost there with the original bed so we did not want to overdo it with too thick of a topper. 

Not sure but in your situation 24 ILD might be too squishy.  

Keep in mind that any latex you get will take some adjusting to. At first it feels a little strange but I got used to it in a couple weeks. 

Recent Posts