Best place to buy talalay latex topper?
Apr 14, 2009 2:52 PM
Hi,

Two questions re: talalay latex toppers please.
1.  I am going to purchase a topper for a queen sized bed.  In other forums I've seen Sleep Like a Bear highly recommended for their service (Evelyn there is very helpful) and for selling Latex International product; they charge $339. for a 3" inch queen topper.  In other forums, however, Foam By Mail is often recommended; their queen topper is $239.  Does anyone know who manufactures the FBM latex?  Is the Latex International topper provided by Sleep Like a Bear worth the extra $100?

2. I would appreciate advice on what thickness and ILD topper to purchase to place on top of our too-firm Sterns & Foster mattress.  I'm 5'10" and weigh 145 lbs, my wife is 5'6" and weighs 125 lbs.   I have chronic sacroiliac pain and get pressure points.  We tried a 2" 32 ILD topper which I liked but which made my wife's otherwise healthy back sore, and returned it.  We then bought a 2" 4lb Aerus memory foam topper.  Other than being hot, that worked well for a few months until it started cratering.  We're now thinking of going with a softer Talalay topper.  Evelyn at Sleep Like a Bear recommended a 3" 19 ILD topper, given that we're both light-framed.  Any thoughts from the wise users out there on her recommendation?  Will 19 ILD provide inadequate back support for me?

Thanks for any comments on these questions.

Recent Posts