Best Organic Latex Mattress??
Jul 14, 2008 1:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

I think I over-researched and now am confused on which are the best natural latex beds (in my price-range). My ideal bed at this point is a triple-layered, 9” Dunlop set encased in a zippered organic wool & cotton cover. Below are some stores I've looked at along with some issues I have with them.  I think this list will help others who are searching, and I'm also hoping that anyone with latex bed experience will be able to offer their feedback and expertise.  Thank you!

1. Savvyrest: Seems like a great bed, but no return policy. Not with any of their vendors either. I can’t in good conscience drop that much money on a bed without the possibility of returning it. Also, their warranty only covers depressions that are 1 ½” deep or more. That seems like a lot to me, so I don’t have confidence in their beds.

2. Livefortomorrow.com: Seems to have all the organic qualities I like, but they use a 3” organic wool cover. 3 inches seems like a lot--won’t this take away from the benefits of Latex and potentially be way too soft?

3. Foamsweetfoam.com: Seems like a good business with all natural latex bed options. Good warranty (½“ depression minimum), exchange and return policy with good prices. However, wool and cotton cover is not organic. I’m wondering how important this really is. For eco and perceived health reasons, I prefer organic/no pesticides.

4 Flobeds.com: Also seems like a good business--similar to the above. But it’s Talalay latex and I wanted Dunlop. Mainly because I just can’t get around having a split mattress for my hubby and me. I mean…what eventually happens in the middle? Even with a thin layer on top, I feel like this is probably not the best way to go.

5. Cozypure.com: Not in my price range, but they brought up the issue of the layered “bedkits” not having a solid enough core of support. Cozy-pure’s beds always have a 7” core with layers on top of that. Is this a true concern? I would think three, 3-inch layers would offer good support, but is a 7” core better?

6. Greeensleep/Obasan/Sleeptek: Also seem like great beds, but they state a maintenance requirement of flipping/rotating the “inner plates” ever 4 months! I though the beauty of having a latex bed is that you don’t have to do this! This makes me concerned about the quality of their bed. Also raises that issue of a 7” core vs. thinner multiple layers. Are three, 3” layers of Dunlop or Talalay less durable than one 7” + 2”?

7. Natural Bed Store: Looks like a good bed but their wool is a washable wool bonded with silica or something….don’t’ know if this is bad, but I guess to be on the safe side I prefer pure wool.  More importantly, Like Saavyrest, their warranty is a 1 ½” depression minimum, which raises my eyebrows a bit. 

Thanks for your patience if you made it this far.  If anyone has any knowledge regarding any of my concerns or even just tips, your feedback is much appreciated!

This message was modified Jul 14, 2008 by azba
Re: Best Organic Latex Mattress??
Reply #22 May 27, 2014 9:29 AM
I'd recommend checking out a different organic mattress product.
This message was modified May 27, 2014 by a moderator

Recent Posts