Bed in a Box ... looking for some clarification
Sep 16, 2007 12:25 AM
I was following the thread on the old forum and saw one I don't understand. Has some information surfaced and been posted that I have missed? I was considering one of their beds but now i am concerned about the company. Has anyone purchased form them?
This message was modified Sep 16, 2007 by midfla1
Re: Bed in a Box ... looking for some clarification
Reply #11 Dec 6, 2007 9:25 AM
 Sorry for the double post  - Just my observations.

Night one - I like it, a lot. It returns to its original shape just fast enough so that if you need to turn over, you're not finding yourself crawling out of a hole (not to say others DO feel that way as I've never owned one before this). It never felt "mushy" even after being on it for a while.

Heat problems? Non existent for me. It felt warm, never hot. It was really just right for my taste. I'm relieved to know it doesn't get hot like some memory foam mattresses I have read about.

It's soft, and gives some - but at the  same time  comfortably supportive. I went from an older Sealy Post mattress and this actually feels more supportive IMO (although it could just be because the Sealy was indeed several years old).

I guess some of my surprise is going into this thinking "Am I going to sink into this thing?" No, not at all. At 170lbs I don't do very much in the 'sinking in' factor. I believe this 11inch I purchased was designed for 250lbs and over though. Over the 9 inch, I mean.

Anyway, thus far I am pretty pleased with it. I honestly can't find anything to complain about it, and I assume that if the first night is usually the toughest for people switching to memory foam, my nights are only going to get better.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask (as i'm not much of a review writer as you can tell)      = )
This message was modified Dec 6, 2007 by Agizor
Reply #12 Dec 10, 2007 2:11 PM
Update -

I seem to be getting more used to it and its getting easier to sleep on it vs night 1 and 2.

There indeed DOES seem to be a bit of a heat issue when compared to my old Sealy Post - if the room is kept cool though, it's not an issue. Apart from that little issue, i'm happy with it.
Reply #13 Apr 22, 2008 6:53 AM
I have the Queen PacDown Plus 11" w/ down cover.  I love this mattress.  Purchasing this mattress through this company was an extremely easy and positive experience.  I am a very light sleeper but since buying this mattress, I have been getting a longer and deeper more relaxing sleep; better than any spring mattress I have ever slept on. Recommended for those looking for a completely zen-night sleep.
Reply #14 May 1, 2008 1:06 AM
njk001 wrote:
I have the Queen PacDown Plus 11" w/ down cover.  I love this mattress.  Purchasing this mattress through this company was an extremely easy and positive experience.  I am a very light sleeper but since buying this mattress, I have been getting a longer and deeper more relaxing sleep; better than any spring mattress I have ever slept on. Recommended for those looking for a completely zen-night sleep.

Oh please - you are SO obvious. lol  The admins should delete you ASAP as it's obvious you are not an objective/independent party.  1st post and you sound like you're right out of a commercial with absolutely no valuable comments either for or aganist - just useless, positive drivel.
Reply #15 Jun 20, 2008 8:51 AM
I googled and found this thread because I was wondering how my BedinaBox mattress would hold up over time.  We bought the king size 11" mattress with the bamboo cover.  So far, we love it.  We both have some back problems.  I have also had achey shoulders throughout the night which wake me causing me to turn over numerous times in the night.  My husband and I are both sleeping much better, not waking in the night, and waking up without back pain.  We have never slept on any other foam mattress so cannot compare, but we have not had any temperature problems at all.  We love the mattress, my only concern is whether or not there will eventually be indentations where we sleep. 
Reply #16 Jan 31, 2009 8:56 PM
I have owend a bed in a box 9" since about June I think.  I was leary at first. but looked at their web site and sent emails back and forth with them for a month or two I was impressed how quick they responded got drunk on night and ordered. First few night where different got back from a week in Chicago last night and I couldn't get in this bed fast enough.  I love this bed!!!!   If you are concerned like I was email them and they will respond to your questions, or call they will answer and you will talk to someone in the USA.  I live in Indiana and I was impressed everytime I call a company im talking to someone in India  I've even called them with a few questions about washing the Down cover and they where willing to take the time to answer so yes great bed and good customer service.
Reply #17 Feb 2, 2009 2:36 AM
I've had my Bed in a Box for several months now. It's ok. It doesn't sleep hot. But I'm a side sleeper, and I find that it's a little too firm for that. On another thread I asked if a latex foam topper might help. Nobody answered.
Reply #18 May 25, 2009 12:47 PM
Had my pac down queen size bedinabox since march 25th. I have slept on it
regularly till now and you can skip all hype on their website about the new foam
from BASF called Pluracel Vx, manufactured by North Carolina Foam Industries.

It is all bunk. The topper broke down in about forty days of regular use.

The first week was great. The foam was definitely softer than the tempurpedic I had slept on at a holiday inn for research purposes. But it was quite supportive and I found sleeping on my back to be restful for the first time. However, by the fourth week I had noticed that the foam topper around the area where my torso lay became almost half as resistiveas areas of the bed that got less use like the middle of the mattress and the foot of the mattress.

I had high hopes for this mattress since their line of BS that you read about on their site about the pluracell foam being less susceptible to ILD breakdown and having the benefit of rapid response to rolling over in the middle of the night etc from a 3 pound memory foam.

Don't believe it. They use this 3 pound foam for a reason. It is probably unbelievably cheap to manufacture and then they try to put their hogwash promotional spin on it by touting the benefits of it over 5.5 pound memory foam with claims that foam density has very little to do with performance and durability and in fact that 3 pound foam done right is much superior for the reasons described on the website. What can I tell you. Being the logical person that I am this crap actually seemed to make sense. In practice I think I just got fleeced.

How in god's earth does a superior memory foam lose half its  ILD resistive power in just under two months. granted there is no indentation in the bed where the topper has lost its support but just using my fingers and pressing into the mattress in different placesit is very obvious where the mattress is supportive and where its not.

So I called them a couple of days ago and got a call back from Matt at bedinabox today and he left a message so I called back and left him a message. We'll see how this all plays out.
This message was modified May 25, 2009 by dupatta
Reply #19 Sep 3, 2009 8:04 AM
I've owned a 11" pac bamboo for almost a year now. I don't know much about mattresses or about memory foam, but I do know that I am extremely disappointed with this mattress. The first week I slept decently on it, but ever since I rarely have a good night's sleep. We had to remove the bamboo cover b/c there is a plastic lining on the bottom of it, which in my opinion doesn't allow the memory foam to do what it is supposed to. So sleeping straight on the memory foam is a little better, but still not what I expected a memory foam mattress to feel like. I wake up stiff every morning. I do sleep a little better on it when it is cool in the room, but I sleep horribly when it is warm.
Unfortunately, I decided to continue giving the mattress "a try" beyond the trial period and now I'm stuck with it.
Reply #20 Sep 29, 2010 12:47 PM
DO NOT get suckered into one of these! I bought a King/bamboo top 6 or 7 months ago. The first thing I noticed is that it was HOT to sleep on. It was comfortable though for the 1st few months. After that, the foam broke down and my wife and I wake up everyday with severe back pain. These things are junk, plain and simple! And I'm out 1000 bucks and sleeping on the floor :/

Recent Posts