Ashley Sleep Memory Foam Mattresses
Feb 11, 2012 9:36 PM
I know these are fairly new mattresses.....I am very interested in either the Palisades (plush) 12" memory foam or the Ellis Bay (ultra plush) 15" memory foam, however I can find NO INFORMATION except on the Ashley Sleep website.

I really like the Ellis Bay, but it does have the "sinking in" feeling due to being an ultra plush....they due offer a warranty of 7 years limited with no more than 3/4" of sag, indents allowed in the foam, which seems pretty good to me.

Can anyone be of help to me?

I have also looked at a Park Place model....Bed Boss model....and an iComfort Revolution.....

I am leaning toward the Ellis Bay, Palisades. IComfort, Bed Boss, and then the Park Place

Please give me help and information on each of these...especially Ashley!!

THANK YOU!!

Re: Ashley Sleep Memory Foam Mattresses
Reply #1 Feb 13, 2012 9:14 PM
Can someone please help??? I love this Ellis Bay ... it is comparable to the Tempur Cloud Luxe...I think...look at specs and let me know what you think.

I want a very soft, cozy, plush mattress but one that will give me the support I need when I sleep on my stomach and side.

Reply #2 Mar 26, 2012 7:13 PM
I just purchased the Ashley Sleep Ellis Bay mattress 3 days ago, and my husband and I love it! I tried all different types of memory foam mattress from different manufacturers. To me, this mattress was the softest of any memory foam mattress on the market right now. I wanted a memory foam mattress because there is not any transfer of motion. Also, because my husband weighs almost 90 lbs more than me and I felt like I was rolling into him all the time.  This mattress was all I wanted and more. It was the most expensive Ashley mattress, but still a lot less than any Tempurpedic mattresses.

My  husband was very skeptical at first when I told him about the mattress, but as soon as he laid on it in the store, he loved it. We both like soft mattresses and this one fits the bill. My husband is a stomach and side sleeper and he got the best 3 nights of sleep he has ever had since we purchased this mattress. On our old innerspring mattress, he tossed and turned all night long. The very first night of sleeping on this mattress, he slept in one position all night long. If you like a soft mattress, and want support, and no transfer of motion, I would go with the Ashley Sleep Ellis Bay mattress.

Also, I worked in the furniture and mattress industry for 2 years. I learned alot about companies and how products are made. Ashley is the leading manufacturer of furniture in the world. Don't let the 7 year warranty scare you as well. I know Tempurpedic has a longer warranty, but no matter how much you spend on a mattress, it is recommended to replace it every 8-10 years.

Reply #3 Nov 3, 2013 10:08 AM
mdf1973 wrote:

I know these are fairly new mattresses.....I am very interested in either the Palisades (plush) 12" memory foam or the Ellis Bay (ultra plush) 15" memory foam, however I can find NO INFORMATION except on the Ashley Sleep website.

I really like the Ellis Bay, but it does have the "sinking in" feeling due to being an ultra plush....they due offer a warranty of 7 years limited with no more than 3/4" of sag, indents allowed in the foam, which seems pretty good to me.

Can anyone be of help to me?

I have also looked at a Park Place model....Bed Boss model....and an iComfort Revolution.....

I am leaning toward the Ellis Bay, Palisades. IComfort, Bed Boss, and then the Park Place

Please give me help and information on each of these...especially Ashley!!

THANK YOU!!

I will pretty much say that, hands down, you cannot go wrong with The Bed Boss mattresses.  They are certified "safe" by a company called CertPUR.  They are very well manufactured and they don't get lumpy or sag noticably over time either.  I own two different mattress styles - a queen Visco Heir ET and a king Visco Revolution.  We've had the ET for several years and it's such a good mattress that we decided to buy the Revolution with gel for the king bedroom set we just purchased.  Our Visco ET looks perfectly flat - just like it did when we got it a few years ago.  Make sure to verify for yourself.  If you need a 60 day comfort guarantee then you may want to go with Amazon, but let me say that if you somehow don't like the mattress you probably should stay away from ANY memory foam product altogether.  Also, I understand it's a real hassle anyway to have to return these things by having to package it for return shipping.  My suggestion is to go to Amazon and read all the reviews on The Bed Boss but use the coupon, buy direct and save a ton - compare prices yourself.  The Amazon reviews are real and you won't see too many negative ones because the brand is that good.  I hope this helped.  By the way, our 15" Visco Revolution with gel compares to the Tempurpedic Grandbed... but it's about $7000 cheaper!  Ha!  And it's soooo comfy and incredibly supportive!  These mattresses don't deteriorate over time like a lot of the cheaper made memory foam beds.  And don't forget to purchase a waterproof or water resistent protective cover.  Those covers will help the mattress last many, many years if you protect them from water spills and things.  Good luck! 

This message was modified Nov 3, 2013 by a moderator
Reply #4 Nov 5, 2013 1:56 PM
What these folks aren't telling you, is that the mattresses they recommend are cheap chinese imported garbage.  I would steer clear of any memory foam mattress that isn't made in the US.  If your going to drop money on these inferior products, you might as well get the Nova foam from Costco.  That way when it fails in a year, you can take it back and call it a lesson learned (You get what you pay for).

As far as Icomfort goes, again sourced out to the cheapest bidder.

Ashley and quality shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.  It's cheap imported garbage that is heavily marketed.  And we assume it's good quality.  You might as well buy from a cheap manufacturer like Coaster.  It comes from the same factory that makes Ashley (Think SE Asia).  You can buy Ashley from high quality places like Big Lots and Freddies for a lot less than an Ashley store itself.

Be wary of furniture and mattress sales people who recommend their own product.

Reply #5 Nov 18, 2013 10:44 AM
Oh please yourself the trouble! I bought the  Palisades mattress from Ashley this spring. Don't get me wrong, very comfortable and slept like a champ! However, after 5 months, we started noticing a depression in the mattress on his side of the bed. My side was firm, yet plush, not a problem, but when he wasnt home and I had the bed to myself,  I would constantly roll onto his side of the bed and sink. He's not overweight either, (230 pounds, 6'1)! Im guessing the weight of him on one side of the bed consistantly, caused the mattress to loose is firmness on that side? Not too sure, but I am thankfull I purchased the protection plan!

The first furniture inspector showed up and said there was nothing wrong with the bed. He didnt even sit on it. He simply used that string and block device to see if a depression was present. After that, I called again, stated my case and asked they send someone out again and actually feel the mattress...you will notice that difference on the one side. Well, the second guy came out, measured, and I made him sit on the bed. Once he sat on the one side of the bed and then mine, he understood why we were complaining. A week later, Ashley called to let me know there was nothing they could do. I stated that I had the Palisades Memory foam mattress, and a "noticable depression" will not be visable, however when you lay on it, you sink. (The foam eventually bounces back and looks fine, but its noticable later when your trying to sleep in a crater). 5 minutes of holding later, they issued me a credit for the memory foam mattress and now, Im going back to pick out a new one this week. Back to spring mattress' I go. And hopefully I will sleep like a champ again!

Best advice....go Tempurpedic. Spend the extra money if you want memory foam. yes

-A

Recent Posts