Anyone have experience with IKEA Sultan Heidal Mattress
Oct 6, 2008 10:15 PM
It seems rather new and not many reviews or opinions. It is suppose to be one of the greeniest mattress from ikea. It is suppose to made up of eco materials. Anyone have any experience? I am trying to decide between the Heidal and Hasselback. Can't decide if the Heidal is worth an extra 500 for a king? Any help is much appreciated!
Re: Anyone have experience with IKEA Sultan Heidal Mattress
Reply #1 Oct 7, 2008 6:40 AM
I didn't notice if the Heidal was made up of eco materials when I was in the local Ikea. I think it is just softer.

Did you consider the Hasselback with the Tolg topper? Be careful though if you are tall. While the topper is comfortable, both that I bought and returned were too short and too narrow for a king mattress.

Shame, and with them I slept really well.
Reply #2 Oct 7, 2008 11:54 PM
I read on review about a smell with heidal mattress from an australian website.  Did anyone have this issue?  I thought about the hasselback, but it is quite firm, and putting it on a platform bed, may make it too firm.

thanks!

Reply #3 Feb 11, 2009 12:18 PM
I just bought a Heidal and I'm quite happy with it. I haven't noticed any smell, but I use a CPAP at night so that's something I might not be aware of. I think I would have noticed something when making it up, though, and I didn't (and I'm really sensitive to smells).

I do find the mattress extremely firm -- so much so that it's irritating my fibromyalgia trigger points. I'm now experimenting with different toppers to see what will give me the best cushioning without compromising the support. The support seems to be so good for my back that I'm still happy with it even though the surface is too firm. I'd love to get the latex topper IKEA sells, but it's $255 for a double. Yikes.

The Hasselback is listed as medium firm, so it would probably be better if you don't like a very firm mattress. However, it isn't as eco-friendly as the Heidal and does contain some synthetic foams. Not that the Heidal is perfect -- the IKEA Canada Web site lists the latex in it as being 85% natural and 15% synthetic. Also, I don't know a whole lot about the polyactide fibre (pla) used in the Heidal, other than that it's biodegradable and derived from lactic acid.

Cheryl

Recent Posts