Any Saatva Mattress owners out there?
Feb 15, 2012 8:40 PM
Am interested in purchasing a new mattress. All reviews for the Saatva mattress seem to be positive, but there are so few of them. The price seems very reasonable and the specs seem to indicate a quality product, compared to the major brands. I was just wondering if there are any Saatva owners out there who would care to comment. I am interested in the comfort, durability and if anyone has had to return a Saatva for any reason, how was that experience. Also the length of time of your mattress use would be helpfull. Anyone with any recommendations other than Saatva please feel free to let me know. Shopping for a new matress is very frustrating.

Thanks,

ineed2sleep

Re: Any Saatva Mattress owners out there?
Reply #1 Feb 25, 2012 2:40 PM
Hello ineed2sleep,

I identify with how painful the mattress purchasing process is. I was looking for mattresses for my daughters and had gone to a few stores to check out various name brands. I found the entire experience demeaning and felt that I could never trust how much a good mattress actually costs.

I had seen ads for Saatva online and in a few magazines but thought they'd be out of my league until I clicked on the link. I really liked their whole approach to the consumer and the fact that i did NOT have to lay down on a mattress to test it out helped relieve rather than aggravate my stress levels. After a few discussions with them, I decided to trust my instincts and I ordered two of their flagship models.

So far, I have been pleased. Granted, the mattresses are mostly used by my daughters and we've had them for just about a month so I cannot attest to long term durability yet. But they seem very well made and comfortable. I have slept on both of them a few times (my daughters are three so sometimes we play musical beds in the middle of the night) and have been pleased with the feel and support of their beds.

I think if you purchased from this company, you would be pleased. They allow 30 days for you to determine if you like the product. You could easily return the mattress if you are dissatisfied and you will only be out the delivery charge, which seems fair to me. But I don't think you'll be making a return because they do make a beautiful, high quality, soft yet supportive mattress. 

I hope this helps! If you do order from them, ask for Ed. He is a wonderfully helpful Saatva representative.

Re: Any Saatva Mattress owners out there?
Reply #2 Mar 8, 2012 12:12 AM
I'm also seriously interested in these matresses...but it seems that the people who own them have only had them for a few months to a year.   Not enough time to gauge what kind of endurance these mattresses will provide (canoe-effect anyone?).  I remember reading threads about the 'W' bed on another forum, and the reviews for the first year or so were extremely positive (although a few of those voiced anger at having impressions in the top layer within about the first week).  Now you see post-after-post from those same 'early adopters' furious that they have to start looking for a new mattress again, and that their faith in the 'name' was shattered.  I'm also interested to know the amount of PU foam (and other materials that break down quickly) in these mattresses which form the comfort layer.  Really, I'm nervous because they're a seriously new company that has been untested in the marketplace for long enough of a period of time .

And I agree with something another poster in another Saatva thread suggested.  Alot of posts here seem contrived.  Also, alot of those posting reviews are people who VERY recently signed up to this forum.  Not to mention that there's little of substance from any of the reviews I've read so far, other than they were treated well by the people who work there.  They did say that they had the best night sleep ever...but I've read tons of posts from other people in other forums for all the other brands as well.  Call me suspicious.  Call me cautious.  You'd be very right calling me both!

With GREAT hesitation,

Flamanar

This message was modified Mar 8, 2012 by flamanar

Recent Posts