Adjustable Bed Advice
Jun 19, 2011 6:12 PM
Hello,  

I'm just jumping into the latex bed market and am going to go with an adjustable base (Dual/Split king)

I have a few questions that I hope some of the fine folks here can help me with.

I'm looking at the Leggett and Platt S-Cape, Leggett and Platt Prodigy, Ergomotion 400, and Reverie Deluxe Beds.

As far as I can tell, the S-Cape, Ergomotion 400, and Reverie Deluxe are all very very similar.  The weight limits on the Reverie seems to be a bit less than the S-cape (even with the DC motor).  I have noticed that both the Reverie and Ergomotion are significantly cheaper than the S-Cape online though.  The weight limit is a concern as a latex bed (half of one) is around 100lbs for a twin XL.  If the Reverie has a weight limit of 300lbs on a twin, that only leaves 200lbs for a person, which I exceed.  The S-Cape and Ergomotion appear to be around 400lbs (DC on S-Cape) which should be plenty.   

I can find the S-Cape online for around $2100, the Ergomotion 400 for around $1500, and the Reverie Deluxe for around $1900.  The prodigy looks to be around $3000.

1. Can anyone compare these beds from any practical experience with them? Quality? Ease of use?  Noise?  Features that I haven't noticed that make a difference in real world use?

2. Does anyone have a Prodigy?  Do you think the extra features are proving to be worth an extra $1000?

3. Are Leggett and Platt beds that much better for some reason that they are so much more expensive?

4. Any suggestions on the best reliable place to get a good price on these adjustables?

5. Has anyone used the platform version of the S-Cape?  It looks a to be significantly lower profile....

Thanks for your responses and help.

This message was modified Jun 19, 2011 by Groo21

Recent Posts