Thinking of buying an eve mattress
Apr 7, 2016 5:49 PM
My husband and I are really considering purchasing an eve mattress https://www.evemattress.com. Apparently they are a very popular UK company that must have launched here in the US sometime last year? They offer a 100 night home trial and the mattress (which is memory foam) is shipped for free. Customer reviews, both here and in the UK, are really great but I haven't been able to find anything about eve here on this website? Would love to know if anyone here has any experience with eve before we place an order. Thank you!
This message was modified Apr 7, 2016 by jonessally692
Re: Thinking of buying an eve mattress
Reply #1 Apr 11, 2016 11:52 AM
Jonessally692.  If you trust the 100 night free trial give it a try and report back here.  The mattress is 10 inches.  8 inches of high density foam under 2 layers of memory foam.  It would be interesting to know the densities of the layers but their site does not list them.  Mattdud

Quote:

My husband and I are really considering purchasing an eve mattress https://www.evemattress.com. Apparently they are a very popular UK company that must have launched here in the US sometime last year? They offer a 100 night home trial and the mattress (which is memory foam) is shipped for free. Customer reviews, both here and in the UK, are really great but I haven't been able to find anything about eve here on this website? Would love to know if anyone here has any experience with eve before we place an order. Thank you!
Reply #2 May 18, 2016 7:18 PM
Hi mattdud,

We did end up going with the eve mattress and have had it for about a month now. I asked on their live chat about the foam densities and this is what the very helpful rep said: 'There are three layers: A high density foam base (7") then a high resilience memory foam layer (1.25") and a layer of luxury memory foam (1.7"). The density of the memory foam layer is 3.12lbs/ft3, the base foam is 2.25lbs/ft3 and the resilience foam is 3.43lbs/ft3'.

I have to say that we're thrilled with the eve. It was a very simple process from start to finish. Ordered online and it was delivered in about 5 days right to our door. Unpacking and setting it up was relatively easy and we were able to sleep on it that night. I slept amazingly that first night while my husband took a few days to adjust properly. Its a medium firm mattress which I think describes it very well. You don't sink into it too much, which I have found to be a big problem with other memory foam mattresses, and its very supportive. My husband suffers with his back and is waking up in a lot less pain since we changed. He finds that that he is much more supported and his spine doesn't twist during the night as he sleeps anymore.

One of our main reasons for trying it out was the 'cooling properties' it provides as my husband tends to get very hot at night. Again very impressed with this feature. He's finding the eve far cooler to sleep on than our old mattress and no longer wakes up in a sweat. We've only had it a month which probably isn't long enough to comment on its durability but so far the foam seems very responsive and regains its original shape quickly.

Overall we're very happy with eve. Will update when we've had it longer.
Reply #3 May 20, 2016 11:27 AM
Jonessally692.  Congratulations on your purchase.  I am glad you like it.  Please come back in 6 months and let us know how you are doing.  Mattdud

Recent Posts