Tempurpedic Bellafina
Sep 30, 2011 3:04 PM
Saw the other posts last week about the Bellafina model having a layer of latex. Of course I had no idea that TP made any models with any amount of latex. Did a little digging and sure enough.

It's 2.8" of memory foam over 3" latex over the core= 10" total. Of course, curiosity was eating me up on this one. The whole reason we didn't go with TP is b/c my husbdand doesn't like the sinking & the slow recover of the foam in TP and the Sealy Embody is more 'bouncy' if you can even say that about memory foam.

So, while I was running out this morning, I stopped into a local store that I knew carried the Bellafina model (many of them do not). Wow. I was quite impressed! It's pretty firm, but also soft. It has a nice feel of memory foam, but not too much sinking really- just a little bit of contouring- just enough perhaps. The foam is DEFINITELY more quickly recovering than other TP models. In fact, it's almost immediate recovery when you move or press your hand into it.

While I do very much like the Sealy Embody Introspection thus far (~4-5 weeks) and I'm sleeping well with little to no back pain, I do have just a hint of buyers remorse now. Mostly b/c I *think* I have a bit more faith in the quality of TP long term and frankly it's just been around a lot longer than the Embody line.

Not going to jump ship on the Embody, but I do have a year to return and the store where I purchased it from could get the Bellafina. So, we'll see how the Embody performs for several more months and if there are any signs of trouble, I think I'm going to seriously consider getting the Bellafina instead.

For those debating b/t memory foam and latex- the Bellafina seemed like a nice middle ground with some of the benefits of both together. So, for what it's worth, it thought I'd share. If you can find one near you, it's certainly one to check out!

Re: Tempurpedic Bellafina
Reply #1 Sep 30, 2011 6:37 PM
So many beds with mixed types of foam.  iComfort Prodigy has an inch of latex also.  Foam rebound varies on Tempurpedics.  The new Contour models seem like pretty slow recovery, but this Cloud is fairly quick.  Probably because the 'ES' foam is lower density.

I would think the Sealy Embody is pretty darn good quality.  I believe they charge a bundle for them and Sealy makes some pretty good stuff.  Sounds like it's going pretty well so far.

Re: Tempurpedic Bellafina
Reply #2 Sep 30, 2011 7:58 PM
It's possible the Tempurpedic foundation has the edge over the S brands which seem to all use typical box springs.  TP says their foundation has a reinforced solid top.  Haven't had a good look at it.  I'm skeptical of the S brand box springs as I've seen how the bottom center slat can flex and bow downward ... right in the middle of the bed.  Lot of people say ... my mattress is sagging. Yeah, that and the foundation too.
This message was modified Sep 30, 2011 by slpngoc

Recent Posts