Tempur-pedic Bellafina what are the details of MF and Latex? Anyone know?
Nov 15, 2011 6:46 AM
I test drive the Tempur-pedic "Bellafina" and really like the comfort.

The salesman wasn't real helpful on how thick memory foam and latex were or their ILD's.

I could only feel along the sides and I thought I felt some eggcrate foam in there too.

Beside the comfort, I liked when sitting  on the edge, I didn't sink down like some of the other Tempur-pedic I

tried or it wasn't hard to get out of.

Anyone have any knowledge of the "Bellafina" mattress?

This message was modified Nov 15, 2011 by pdown77
Re: Tempur-pedic Bellafina what are the details of MF and Latex? Anyone know?
Reply #1 Nov 15, 2011 11:37 AM
2.8" of the 5.34 lb density tempur material in the surface

3.0" layer of solid synthetic latex underneath

the remaining height comes from the convoluted base foam layer (2.2lb) density.

the ILD of the synthetic latex core is not listed anywhere.  

Re: Tempur-pedic Bellafina what are the details of MF and Latex? Anyone know?
Reply #2 Nov 25, 2011 1:06 AM
budgy wrote:

2.8" of the 5.34 lb density tempur material in the surface

3.0" layer of solid synthetic latex underneath

the remaining height comes from the convoluted base foam layer (2.2lb) density.

the ILD of the synthetic latex core is not listed anywhere.  

I thought the latex was actually in columns designed to give the bed a less "memory foam feel". Those columns are actually round cylinders approx. 5 inches in diameter throughout the bed. The egg crate is a polyurethane foam designed to help the beds breathe and not trap heat. The latex has no real comfort layer that you can feel except in the overall "normal" feeling in the bed.

The 5.34lb density is a little deceiving since many visco foams can claim this density rating. I would suggst to you that if it feels good and you do not find any actual negatives in the bed that you enjoy your bed, keep the warranty in mind should it not function and not let your psychological subconscious get in the way of a great night's sleep! When I sold the Bella Fina, I found I had fewer complaints on the consistency of this bed than any other due to it's consistent response regardless of the weight of the sleeper.

Sleep Well "pdown77" and don't let a negative writer tell you whatyour back has already told you!

Recent Posts