lifekind natural latex mattress
Feb 19, 2015 8:23 PM
bought one middle of "08 and a couple of years ago it started to emit a smell. called the company and they said they never heard of that.
the only thing i can think is that the latex is breaking down. i don't have a clue. but it bothers me everyday thinking i'm being poisoned. it's
to expensive to replace, i was hoping to get ten years out of it. does anyone have any ideas. thanks.
Re: lifekind natural latex mattress
Reply #1 Feb 23, 2015 7:36 AM
Latex should not do this.  Will the company warranty it?
Reply #2 Feb 23, 2015 10:15 AM
I wouldn't consider keeping that mattress if that's the case. but its not so expensive to replace it in in fact i mean i bought a new mattress from this online site i come across online called cutpricemattresses i found them on Google in fact. To be honest the prices where fantastic considering the brands they sell and i saved money the same kind of brands elsewhere it would of cost me way more. I would try to get rid of your mattress it may be harmful to you i wouldn't trust it at all. Don't know who you purchased it off but they should help you in that case can not just say they never heard of it and just let go.
Reply #3 Feb 27, 2015 11:36 AM
Kasumiga.  It is unlikely you are being poisoned.  Take the mattress apart and separate the pieces.  Visually examine each piece.  Smell each piece.  Let us know what you discover.  You may find that only one part is smelling funny which would allow you to dispose of just that part and save the remainder.  Mattdud

Quote:

bought one middle of "08 and a couple of years ago it started to emit a smell. called the company and they said they never heard of that.
the only thing i can think is that the latex is breaking down. i don't have a clue. but it bothers me everyday thinking i'm being poisoned. it's
to expensive to replace, i was hoping to get ten years out of it. does anyone have any ideas. thanks.

Recent Posts