foambymail latex durability and firmness
Jan 9, 2012 3:59 PM
Does anyone experienced any compression after  much use of  latex form  foambymail ?  I am looking for a firm mattress and they have ony 36 ILd at max. I am not sure how it would feel in comparison to 40 ILD.  Can I put an extra firm topper atop 6" firm matress to make it more firm ? Can somebody share their experiences ?

Thanks in advance
Dee

Re: foambymail latex durability and firmness
Reply #3 Jan 12, 2012 1:47 PM
latexfan wrote:

the reason I am asking is that I went to a local vendor and  he showed me  a latex mattress. he sells 6" latex (firm 40 ILD )+ 3" latex( 30-35 ILD). He  describes it as firm. He also sells   6" latex (firm 40-45 ILD )+ 3" latex( 40-45 ILD) and he describes it as extra firm.  I did indeed felt the firmness more on the latter. However this guy is selling for >2K.

I am interested in Latex ones but also need less pricier.  FBM offers 36 ILD as firm. If I take a  36ILD from ILD, how would it feel in comparison.

Now both vendors i.e. FBM and the local  may be sourcing from different manufacturers. I am stuck at if FBM came out to be like SULTAN  EBLEDEC  from  IKEA (which they call it firm but soft for me), then I would be stuck as the cost of returning will offset any cost advantage.

Thanks,

Dee

The only thing I can offer is that FBM latex is reputed to be firmer (for a given ILD rating) than from other vendors.   I know I bought a 20ILD topper from them, and then SLAB sent me some samples, and the 20ILD from FBM was only slightly softer than the 32 ILD from SLAB and WAY firmer than the 19ILD from SLAB.

Reply #4 Jan 12, 2012 5:26 PM
Thanks for info.

Dee

Reply #5 Jan 25, 2012 2:41 PM
Hi Dee

Just wondering if you purchased from FBM yet?   I live in the area and will be traveling to their showroom soon to check it out.  I have also checked out Ikea's mattresses and I thought they were more on the soft side.  

I checked out another foam place and their latex seemed fairly firm but they use the dunlap process.   

Recent Posts