Tempurpedic Contour: Too soft in the morning
Dec 25, 2011 5:04 PM
Hello,

I just got my Tempurpedic Contour (Standards, not Select or Signature) two weeks ago and the mattress is soft like a sponge in the morning. My back hurts more every day.

Seems that my body temperature is making the mattress so soft that it is sagging in like an old worn out coil mattress in the morning.

I always felt comfortable with my friends' Contour Select, but never slept the whole night on it. Also my friend is 130lbs, I am 200lbs.

This is supposed to be the firmest Tempurpedic, correct? Has anybody got a similar experience and solved it with a mattress cover that insulates the mattress?

When I go to bed at night it is fine - it just gets softer and softer during the night.

Thanks

Sumu

This message was modified Dec 25, 2011 by sumu
Re: Tempurpedic Contour: Too soft in the morning
Reply #9 Feb 14, 2012 2:14 PM
Good_Sleep wrote:

Indeed.  What they are to me, is a bed that allows me to sleep 8 hours and wake up with no pain in my lower back.  A bed that our local sleep clinic uses to assess sleep disorders.  They are not for everyone.  If you have a miracle bed that works for you, please share.  Otherwise you have contributed very little.  I believe the original poster has said their chiropracter has noted improvement with their spine.  

My Tempurpedic has been the best investment I've made ever.  Having the adjustable base is even better.  

congrats you have found a miracle bed a very very expensive piece of huge sponge that works for you or it could be that you could be trying to have us believe that. Previous posters post obviuosly dont count aha.

Reply #10 Feb 14, 2012 4:13 PM
roy1 wrote:

congrats you have found a miracle bed a very very expensive piece of huge sponge that works for you or it could be that you could be trying to have us believe that. Previous posters post obviuosly dont count aha.

I know you would be happier with me being miserable along with you.  And I used to be.  However, I have found the mattress for me.  I got what I paid for.  You're mad about that?  I wish I would have gotten it right the first time. 

I realize this forum is a complaint and solution forum.  Most satisfied customers aren't here to tell you how great they are sleeping.  Obviously 226 negative posts have not gotten you any closer to a solution to your problem.  I feel sorry for you. I don't believe you have tried the Allura bed.  In fact you won't pay over $2k for any bed (you've said it in past posts; or something along those lines).  You have an agenda here, I'm just not sure what it is.  What would you like us to believe?  Seriously.

Reply #11 Feb 15, 2012 3:13 AM
Good_Sleep wrote:

I know you would be happier with me being miserable along with you.  And I used to be.  However, I have found the mattress for me.  I got what I paid for.  You're mad about that?  I wish I would have gotten it right the first time. 

I realize this forum is a complaint and solution forum.  Most satisfied customers aren't here to tell you how great they are sleeping.  Obviously 226 negative posts have not gotten you any closer to a solution to your problem.  I feel sorry for you. I don't believe you have tried the Allura bed.  In fact you won't pay over $2k for any bed (you've said it in past posts; or something along those lines).  You have an agenda here, I'm just not sure what it is.  What would you like us to believe?  Seriously.

if you are so happy with your allura why are you posting here? since according to u only people who have issues post here? Looks like you have an agenda? is it to push tempurpedics.  I never said I would not pay over 2k for abed.In fact my latex beds have been over 2k and 3k. i also had tempurpedics. I think you are really unhappy with your allura.

Recent Posts