Is the Tempurpedic Cloud mattress good?
Jul 17, 2010 2:14 AM
I'm looking into buying a tempurpedic mattress, and at the store the cloud felt really good, and it's really the only one I can afford.  I'm referring to the regular cloud, not the cloud supreme. So anyway, is it a good mattress?  I read a topic on this forum saying that it can get to be too soft and that it sags into the harder bottom layers.  Is this true?  Also, does it provide enough firmness and support?  I really wish I could afford one of the nicer models, especially the Allurabed or the Rhapsodybed, as the Tempur HD feels very nice, a perfect level of softness and firmness, but unfortunately I can't, so I settled on the cloud.  The Deluxebed feels very nice too, and so does the cloud supreme, and I could maybe afford them, although I'd have to borrow some money.  Are there any real problems to speak of with those mattresses either?  So yeah, many thanks.
Re: Is the Tempurpedic Cloud mattress good?
Reply #8 Jul 29, 2011 6:42 PM
slpngoc wrote:

Pop quiz - what has everyone missed so far?

Tempurpedic has introduced 2 brand new bed models -  Tempur-Contour Select and Signature

The Tempur-Contour Select is $2,399 for the Queen set, lot less than Rhapsody.

I've tried the Select and tell you what, it's pretty darn good!  It's 10" mattress height, 2" more than regular Cloud.  It has a new cover, not like the original bed cover that mushes around.  It feels very supportive, and nice comfort.  6" base foam, 4" total memory foam.  And no, I don't work for a mattress store.  I tried it at Sleep Train.

The Deluxe bed is gone, discontinued.

Contour select is $1,850 for a twin XL set, that's just $400 more than reg Cloud.  Defintely check out the Contour Select.  The better stores have it now.

I tried the Contour Select & found it to be too spongy when compared to the other Tempur models. The Rhapsody is worth the extra $1k or so over the Contour IMO.

Reply #9 Jul 31, 2011 6:08 PM
About the Tempur Cloud.  I wouldn't buy it.  Not enough substance there for me.  5.2" base foam and 2.8" total memory foam.  That's not much for a$1,450 twin XL set.  It feels ok, but a little hard for my taste.  Cloud Supreme is quite a bit nicer.
Reply #10 Jul 31, 2011 10:59 PM
slpngoc wrote:

About the Tempur Cloud.  I wouldn't buy it.  Not enough substance there for me.  5.2" base foam and 2.8" total memory foam.  That's not much for a$1,450 twin XL set.  It feels ok, but a little hard for my taste.  Cloud Supreme is quite a bit nicer.

The Cloud Supreme only has .8 of an inch more of the top layer foam that regular Cloud. Worth the extra $1k for just .8"? Not IMO. I ordered a Cloud today. It arrives on Saturday. I will start a thread after I'm on it for a little bit.

Reply #11 Aug 1, 2011 1:17 AM
tompa wrote:

The Cloud Supreme only has .8 of an inch more of the top layer foam that regular Cloud. Worth the extra $1k for just .8"? Not IMO. I ordered a Cloud today. It arrives on Saturday. I will start a thread after I'm on it for a little bit.

4" total memory foam on Supreme vs. 2.8" on Cloud.  Plus you pay for dual airflow in the Supreme with 7" base layers.  I like the Cloud Supreme, but I won't be paying for one.

Recent Posts