Tempurpedic "Cloud" Mattress???
Dec 30, 2009 10:22 PM
Has anyone tested the new Tempurpedic Cloud series yet?  It looks like a slightly softer version of the Deluxe series, which is the one we were originally favoring.  The reasons we're leaning towards a memory foam mattress are:

1.  Our last two pillow top mattresses have been busts, as I have a bad back and constantly wake up in pain.

2.  Because I wake up in pain, I am constantly tossing and turning, which in turn wakes my wife up.

3.  90 day trial period is a great way to hedge your investment

Re: Tempurpedic "Cloud" Mattress???
Reply #34 Feb 24, 2010 1:09 PM
For anyone with back issues, I recommend against the cloud bed. It is FAR too soft and has way too much "play" so to speak. It has the support of a goose-down comforter! (A bit of hyperbole, there.) The only Tempurpedic Brand bed I recommend is their "GRAND BED". I sleep on one 3 times a week at an invalid's home (I provide home care). It is, BY FAR, the MOST comfortable bed I've ever had the pleasure of meeting! It's even better than the bed at my home (which is extremely comfy and supportive. I have degenerative disc disease, and the "GRAND BED" sleeps like a dream! http://www.tempurpedic.com/mattresses/tempur_hd/the_grandbed_by_tempur_pedic/
Reply #35 Feb 24, 2010 1:31 PM
the Mysticbed (or Allure to you Americans lol).  is almost the same as the GrandBed as well for a lot less money. 

but yeah I agree, these HD beds in general are so vastly superior to the basic models that Tempur makes. 
Reply #36 Feb 24, 2010 1:55 PM
tarchyk wrote:
I just bought tempurpedic cloud.  I had a cheap one at home before and it caused me a lot of back pain (upper back).
Let me tell you, the cheap mattress from Costco ($500) did not give me this much pain as the new  tempurpedic cloud.  However, the commercials on TV are so strong that you don't want to think about the mattress as being a problem. Well it is! For those who had back pain from previous mattresses: absolutely do not buy tempurpedic cloud! You will be sorry for it. Why? because your body needs support, and therefore, you should be buying a much firmer mattress! Believe me! Do not make mistake I made.  My wife never had any pain and she compains about the back pain.  We had it just for two days!
I am calling Sleepy's today to switch to tempurpedic classic.  If this does not fix this problem I will return it for a full refund.

please keep in touch and update us on how the next bed feels...thanks for your info
Reply #37 Mar 2, 2010 12:07 PM
Cloud, no. Grand, yes.
Reply #38 Mar 4, 2010 3:46 PM
We went to Sleep Train yesterday to start the return my TP Cloud Supreme. They are picking up the mattress, free pillow, and mattress protector on Friday. Our salesman was great about it, and I was shocked that I could return the free TP pillow! I'd read so many others complain that they had to keep and pay for these through TP's site. Sleep Train does honor their 100 night trial and one time money back policy. At least so far... I'll know for sure when the money is credited back to my account.And if you're in CA, I would recommend them.

It's difficult to find reviews on the TP Cloud and I think it's because it was only released last November. There are a few reviews at Brookstone, and Facebook is all "Fans".  I really did love the feel of this mattress but it did "bottom out"  on me within two months, and even though the higher density of the Rhapsody and other HD models may be better, I went with Flobeds latex instead. I didn't realize latex could relieve pressure points and the fact that it can be customized, along with the company's 90 day policy sealed the deal for me.

I do agree that we are bombarded with Tempur-pedic TV ads that make us want them, and we, as consumers, are paying much higher prices for these beds because of them. I don't think it means it's a bad product. So many are happy with their purchases, and if mine had worked for me, I'd be a fan too!

Anyway, for the those that bought it, be sure you love it before your trial expires, and if you do, than I'm very, very happy for you.
Natalie

PS - Thank you again for sharing your knowledge budgy! I hope your parents are comfortable for years, and years, and years to come.
This message was modified Mar 4, 2010 by Natalia
Reply #39 Mar 5, 2010 12:40 PM
Thank you for detailing and sharing your experiences with us.  I know I have learned more about this bed by reading your posts, and I will definitely remember them for when we get this mattress into the store. 
Reply #40 Apr 9, 2010 3:22 PM
My husband and I bought a Cloud a couple of weeks ago and we absolutely love it. It is softer than the other Tempur versions, but it still has TONS of firmness and support at the same time.  I too, like many, have back problems and no longer have back pain when I wake in the mornings.  I wake more rested and dont toss and turn at all anymore.  Once i begin to settle in for the night, I look forward to going to bed becaue the mattress is that awesome.

Just a word of warning, the 90-day free trial has its good and bad points.  You get to sleep on the mattress for 90 days...if you change your mind and decide you don't want it...you can't just return it.  You have to trade it in on something at equal or lesser value (if you want a mor expensive mattress..they will apply the cost of the one you are exchanging and you will pay the difference.)  You can returnthe mattress as well - but are required to pay a 20% restocking fee which will result in around a $600 charge to return the mattress..  Just beware of the limitations of the "free trial". 

Reply #41 Apr 9, 2010 3:46 PM
Sclines2595 wrote:

My husband and I bought a Cloud a couple of weeks ago and we absolutely love it. It is softer than the other Tempur versions, but it still has TONS of firmness and support at the same time.  I too, like many, have back problems and no longer have back pain when I wake in the mornings.  I wake more rested and dont toss and turn at all anymore.  Once i begin to settle in for the night, I look forward to going to bed becaue the mattress is that awesome.

Just a word of warning, the 90-day free trial has its good and bad points.  You get to sleep on the mattress for 90 days...if you change your mind and decide you don't want it...you can't just return it.  You have to trade it in on something at equal or lesser value (if you want a mor expensive mattress..they will apply the cost of the one you are exchanging and you will pay the difference.)  You can returnthe mattress as well - but are required to pay a 20% restocking fee which will result in around a $600 charge to return the mattress..  Just beware of the limitations of the "free trial". 

Did you buy from direct from Tempur-pedic online? When I called they said there was no restocking fee, only the return shipping.

After reading your post, I just called TP direct at 888-225-7974. The phone number on the Kit they sent me along with a DVD and certificate for trial. The representitive I spoke with reiterated, "Return shipping only. For most models it's 175.00". He also said, "Any store that tells you there is a restocking fee is flat out lying. Though it may be the store's policy, it is NOT Tempur-pedic policy."

On a brighter note, I'm really glad you love it and sincerely hope it continues to give you painfree nights. I really loved, and I mean loved, the feel of mine and wish had worked out for me. Even though it didn't, I still have TP envy. wink

Reply #42 Apr 12, 2010 12:16 AM
I am in the market for a new bed and as have seen all the TP commercials. My husband weighs around 280, disabled, has had a leg amputated and has alot of back pain, I weigh around 300 and have pressure point pain, hips, shoulder when I try to sleep, I bought a sealy about 2 years ago and we are both are miserable, I can never get a good night sleep, I was reading about  the Cloud TP but not sure now, can anyone suggest which TP would be the best with our weights, we are on a limited budget so the most expensive isn't an option??

Thanks,

Ginger

Reply #43 Apr 12, 2010 12:56 AM
Hello Ginger,

I hate to be the one to say this.  But realistically the vast majority of the bad reviews on this mattress are coming from those that are a little bit heavier set.  I really doubt the 4.0lb foam's ability to be supportive for you, probably the only TP models that would be are the most expensive ones.  I think if you want to keep cost within reason you may want to strongly consider an all latex mattress as they can support a lot more weight and it seems like in the US the pricing is going to start in the same basic range.  You may want to check out Flobeds, or Savvyrest.  Other good options for the price look like Sam's Club or Costco (when available)

Recent Posts