Somnium Mattress
Sep 12, 2010 9:22 PM
I recently purchased a European-style platform bed that would look best with a low profile mattress. I am not a big fan of memory foam and after some searches I found the Somnium brand of mattresses. They use "elastomer" (why not just call it plastic?) springs and of course claim that their technology is vastly superior to the old steel spring system. For my purpose they would be ideal because they are low profile and seemingly still very comfortable. The manufacturer also claims that their spring system will have less sagging than classic springs.  I could not find any reviews of these mattresses online. Does anyone here have any experience with this brand?

Thanks!

Re: Somnium Mattress
Reply #2 Oct 24, 2014 11:24 AM
Did you ever find out the info you needed about Somnium? What was your experience like? I'm curious. I've heard a little bit about Somnium mattress as well.
Re: Somnium Mattress
Reply #3 Oct 27, 2014 11:58 AM
Agree with budgy.  This is an interesting innovation.  The quesiton is can this material possibly last as long as steel or foam?  Before people adopt this spring in large numbers the company should publish some performance reports on how well it does versus steel and foam.  If it is the same then they might have something.  Mattdud.

Quote:

I recently purchased a European-style platform bed that would look best with a low profile mattress. I am not a big fan of memory foam and after some searches I found the Somnium brand of mattresses. They use "elastomer" (why not just call it plastic?) springs and of course claim that their technology is vastly superior to the old steel spring system. For my purpose they would be ideal because they are low profile and seemingly still very comfortable. The manufacturer also claims that their spring system will have less sagging than classic springs.  I could not find any reviews of these mattresses online. Does anyone here have any experience with this brand?

Thanks!

Recent Posts