Select Comfort with a topper
Nov 7, 2007 8:14 PM
Hello everyone I am a first time viewer of this forum.
Has anyone used a latex topper, with any success, on top of an air mattress?
I read that with a conventional latex mattress set some had problems choosing the correct core foundation as well as the layer(s). I am not very comfortable with the Select mattress, I have used for the past 13 years, anymore. I cannot get comfortable probably due to the compression of a couple of discs in my lower back along with the arthritis I now have. With money now being an issue could I salvage the air mattress and put a layer or layers of latex that might help me from tossing and turning all night long. I am 6'3" 230 lbs. My wife is 5'4" tall. She can sleep on just about anything as soon as her head hits the pillow. I am opposite. I am a side sleeper but have been a stomach sleeper on two pillows to try to lessen the pain. I am also on an CPAP (apnea) machine. Any and all responses will be appreciated.
Re: Select Comfort with a topper
Reply #2 Nov 8, 2007 1:39 PM
We actually added about 2 inches of latex to the top of our Select Comfort once the  foam on their topper compressed badly.  This helped out for a while and was quite comfortable. 

Recent Posts