Sealy posturpedic randolf terrace pillow top
Jan 22, 2010 4:33 PM
Hello all    new to the site,

1st would like to give some advice, and I also need some... we purchased this king bed 4 months ago, we were getting sink holes where are hips were,

also alot of pain and discomfert all over.. then after 2 months we spun the bed around. feels like we are sleeping in a taco shell, really is bad,

so I called the stroe we purchased from, warrenty states the divots or holes have to be 1.5 inches deep, the tech came, and they use weights with a string to go acroos the bed   the weights are at least 6 oz. I would say   anyway  the holes were 1.0 inches deep,, so now what......  I called the store   and they are going to work out a deal. which is great

I loose a couple hundred  and get to pick out a new bed   yeeee haaa.. I have been breazing threw the forum here  and still undecided, we are going tomorrow

they sell     tempur pedic,  serta,   stearns and foster, simmons, beauty rest    I know I am staying away from sealy, and pillow tops    any sugestions out there,

this will drive me nuts...  anyway  stay away from this  piticular bed    sorry bout the spelling....  finding the right mattress  is so hard....

Re: Sealy posturpedic randolf terrace pillow top
Reply #3 Jan 22, 2010 7:16 PM
out of the brands they carry I would definitely recommend you atleast give tempur-pedic a chance.  they certainly are not for everyone, but if you like the way they feel the higher end models actually do last pretty well.  if they don't blow you away then get something without a pillowtop.  ironically the cheapest simmons beautyrest's are usually the most reliable, and I think a good non-pillowtop beautyrest is about the best bed you can get from the S brands these days.
Reply #4 Jan 22, 2010 7:19 PM
I agree with Canuk and Budgy, if you *have* to get a replacement bed from this store, consider a Tempurpedic.  They are not to everyone's taste, but out of all the beds this store is likely to carry, the Tempurpedic is most likely to be a quality bed that will last awhile.
Reply #5 Jan 22, 2010 8:10 PM
I too have a Sealy posturpedic.  You have my sympathy and condolences. 

Linda
Reply #6 Jan 22, 2010 9:15 PM
Sealy is my #1 most hated bed.
I'm not enthusiastic about Tempurpedic - I think they don't really provide good support, but if you can get a sleep trial on it then why not try it?
I think your best bet is going to be to get the best springs you can get (I do NOT recommend Simmons! Actually THEY're my most hated S company! ) and cut it open, take out the crappy foam and put in your own latex layers instead. You can save money doing this because when you buy the absolute firmest model of a certain bed - say, Sealy - you can get a pretty good price on it. (Don't forget to pay about 1/3 or less of the asking price.)  Then you go to the internet - someplace like rockymountainmattress.com or sleepez.com, and buy a couple 1"-1½" layers of latex to replace the foam in your new mattress. Why? The foam that will come in any S mattress is crappy and will not provide true support.
Reply #7 Jan 22, 2010 10:04 PM
thanks for all the input,, with this store  I have to get another mattress  there,  actually  they have been good about it,  we had it for 4months  and I have to pay

$199 return fee, which is not bad having it 4 months,  and I will have to buy one equal or more value    .. kinda stuck with them I have to spend 1600 or more.. cheapest tempupedic is 2600

we need a king,,,  yikes.....  looks like we will be spending quite a bit more, but that is ok... no pillow top, we will try another out...  hope it works out, hate another few months

and we are in trouble again...  check  out there beds ..... raymore and flanigan....  they have good customer relations anyway

Jim I checked out the rockymoutain site, looks like nice ones, have any of you bought a mattress and spend that much without trying it..

I either have to get one of the so called  S  mattresses or take a big loss and a chance online with out trying one... we are kinda screwed I think... but the last mattress we had was a sealy  had it 15 years  and still likes it, but she wanted a king.. so we thought sealy would be good   and look what we got...consumer reports had sealy #2

go figure.....  Rick

This message was modified Jan 23, 2010 by kappy
Reply #8 Jan 24, 2010 7:42 PM
My suggestion.  Get a Sealy PP Signature custom firm, level 7 and add a 2" latex topper. 
Works for me.
Reply #9 Jan 25, 2010 8:14 AM
well I know we went against all odds , the company  we purchased the bed from took it back after 4 months, with no charge, wehn we had the tech come out and measure, the indents were only 1 inch deep, so they could have said out of luck, anyway we were at the store for 2 hours trying beds out.. ended up buying another S brand  as this is all they have.. also another 650 dollars more.. so up to 2K  I would rather not say what we pruchased   I know you guys will bash me.. he he.. here is my question, If for some reason

this thing starts sagging    what can we do to fix it ourselves  or better yet should I purchase a latex topper..  we only bought this brand  because we had to buy from the store again.  the customer service was great.. most all reviews  I have read  all over the internet, seams like problems with everyone, we stayed away from the latex beds.

this mattress has HD foam and memory foam over springs and this it is firm,,, I really hope this works.. I am not going to buy another one, I will tear this apart

and make it my own   2K  for a bed  we should be dreaming all night long...for some reason I am very nervous about this bed...salesmen had said  no returns or issue

about this bed... I believe him somewhat anyway...  thanks for any help   wish I came to this site  5 months ago when we were looking...

Reply #10 Jan 25, 2010 7:43 PM
Did you get a signature series?  The springs look pretty good.
Kait
Reply #11 Jan 25, 2010 7:48 PM
kait   ended up witj the montgomery plus  no pillow top again  this a firm mattress  but felt good for the 30 minutes we laid on it, hope it works out
Reply #12 Jan 26, 2010 10:21 AM
I agree with Jim! Go firm, with springs and soften it up with a topper.

So glad they let me take back the Sealy!

Recent Posts