Latex Mattress - All Latex or foam base?
Nov 8, 2015 3:09 AM
We are looking at getting a new mattress. I like the layered Latex mattresses but I am wondering if the base (bottom of the mattress, not the box spring) really needs to be latex as well. I liked an Ikea mattress that was foam with a latex topper. Does the latex in the base really make a differance? Maybe it lasts longer?
Any one purchase one like this?
Re: Latex Mattress - All Latex or foam base?
Reply #10 Aug 10, 2016 2:43 AM

I would recommend latex mattresses, as they are natural and good for the lower back health. It cools your body. Though latex mattresses are not that popular as memory foam mattresses, the soft core of latex may not suit every users. Some people are actually allergic to latex, which makes things worse. I second to Michael's suggestion.Your sleeping style and preferences do matter when it comes to buying a mattress. But if you are not allergic to latex, then it is the best material for the mattress. Latex has a natural ability to resist the microbes and other allergens. Also, latex mattresses aregopod for pressure point relief. Any mattress with a layer of latex at the top, makes a comfortable sleeping surface. You experience less heat. If you want a memory foam layer, you can choose to buy a hybrid mattress with latex at the top.

Lucid Latex foam mattress is one such type. It is made of two layers. The top layer is 3 inch airy latex and the base layer features a 7 inch high density foam. The plush soft lucid 16 inches mattress has got more layers in the making. The top layer is 1 inch bamboo charcoal memory foam for the cloudy feel. The second layer uses 3 inch emmory foam. The third layer comes with a 2 inch thick natural latex for the bouncy effect. And the final layer is the 10 inch thick high density foam layer for the stability. You can try these mattresses ayt home, as they do offer 30-day trial period.  

Reply #11 Oct 10, 2016 10:59 PM
The bottom of the bubble is highly compressed, and there is much less, with your personal comfort level, closer to your body.
Reply #12 Oct 21, 2016 1:53 PM
The core of your mattress is very important. A high quality core will give you years of long lasting support. A poor quality core will sag and indent after a short period of time and the mattress will not last as long. A 100% natural latex mattress is the best. One where both the core and the top layer are 100% natural latex. One with no blends or synthetics. It is the most resilient and lasts the longest over time without sagging. A foam base is cheaper and not as supportive. Any mattress with a foam base will not last as long as those with 100% natural latex bases. Trust me, I have been through many mattresses and I have learned through trial and error. I have done a lot of research & testing.

Recent Posts