Hot Sleeper... recommendations?
Jun 14, 2015 7:29 PM
Hi all,

I've always been a very hot sleeper and currently have a Simmons plush with a pillow top... I roast most nights. I've started looking at new mattresses but I'd really like to move away from a traditional inner spring if possible (for longevity and pressure point purposes). But, I keep reading that most of the alternatives I'm considering run hotter.

All this said, I went to a local mattress store and of all I tried, I actually liked the hybrid mattresses quite a bit (comfort-wise). More specifically, the Sealy Kingsthorne PL hybrid, and the Simmons Hybrid 5000. However, does anyone know how well these handle heat, and which mattress(es) are the best for heat dissipation in general? Thanks in advance.
Re: Hot Sleeper... recommendations?
Reply #2 Jun 29, 2015 4:21 PM
Sirwoodland.  In general, the further you are away from foam the cooler the mattress will sleep.  Unfortunately this means that there is a lot of fabric and cotton that compresses rather quickly and makes an impression in the mattress.  Mattdud
Re: Hot Sleeper... recommendations?
Reply #3 Dec 2, 2015 6:46 PM
Hey
I just recommended the Feel Cooler mattress pad, It has a material in it that somehow helps block the heat build up from the mattress and keeps you cooler. Works on any type of mattress. I have had mine for over 2 yrs and I love it. So much that I would say go and buy the mattress that has the best feel to it for you, and do not worry about heat issues, just add on the Feel Cooler mattress pad on top of your mattress and you be fine.

best

The Ranger
This message was modified Dec 15, 2015 by a moderator

Recent Posts