Getting rid of a Hastens bed
Sep 16, 2010 11:36 PM
I hate to say this, but I think I screwed up big time. I bought a firm Excelsior model a little over a year ago back when I was a single guy.  Met the soon to be wife shortly after getting the bed and guess what? The mattress absolutely kills her back because her body type isn't suited for a firm mattress.  At first I was in denial and thought she might be able to adjust to it, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Now... she hasn't said that the mattress has to go, but unless we want to sleep in separate beds for the rest of our lives (I don't), something has to give. Between this and paying for medical school, the bed simply must go. 

Does anyone have any experience with selling a used high priced bed? A luxury bed must be one of the most illiquid assets one could own, so I have no clue what to do in this scenario. I'm really weary of using Craiglist for a high priced item like this. Friends and family aren't interested and the credit from selling it to Hastens is measly.

Ross   

Re: Getting rid of a Hastens bed
Reply #17 Jul 29, 2014 1:19 PM
I have a three-year old Hastens King Mattress, bed frame and topper. Specifically: 

1 Håstens Excelsior King Medium in Silver (tan) check

1Håstens BJX Mattress Topper in Silver check 

2 Håstens Excelsior Bases 

8 (2 Sets) 6" Oak Leg Posts

My husband and I discovered the Håstens Excelsior during our stays at the St. Cecelia in Austin.  We loved the sleep we got on the Håstens and decided that we wanted one for home. With an upcoming move, there will no longer be room for a King mattress. 

Both topper and mattress are in impeccable shape with no stains or rips. I have used a silk and cotton mattress pad always on both the mattress and the pad. As per care instructions, I've rolled and shaken loose the topper with each change of sheets and have walked on the mattress to keep the horsehair from settling. 

I paid $11,000 for the floor model, which was a significant reduction in the original price.  My asking price is $6000 or (best offer) for all of the pieces. Buyer handles shipping and handling. I am located downtown in Seattle in a building with a loading dock and a freight elevator. 

I'm happy to provide pictures and to answer any questions. 

Jenny

206-383-5309

Reply #18 Dec 16, 2014 1:38 AM
Jenny, I know your post is from July, but I'm wondering if the bed is still available?

Thanks,
Michelle
Reply #19 Apr 1, 2015 5:05 PM
Why does this post keep coming back?
Hästens Luxuria +BJX Luxury (7x7) Divan Set FOR SALE in Natural Check
Reply #20 Sep 17, 2015 10:21 PM
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED, I AM LOOKING TO SELL MY AMAZING UK SIZED HASTENS LUXURIA BED BEFORE I MOVE FROM NYC ON JANUARY 1, 2016!!! PLEASE SEE DESCRIPTION BELOW OR VIEW EBAY LINK TO PURCHASE: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hastens-Luxuria-BJX-Luxury-7x7-Divan-Set-in-Natural-Check-/131557860360?

THANKS & HAPPY HUNTING!

I'm selling my fabulous NATURAL CHECK colored Hästens LUXURIA MEDIUM TENSION MATTRESS, BJX LUXURY TOPPER w/ matching SPLIT-BASE PLATFORM & DAVID HEADBOARD (HIGH) divan set made in the United Kingdom w/ UK dimensions (215cm x 215cm OR 7.053ft x 7.053ft)!!!

These beds are hand made from the finest quality materials and come with a 25-year guarantee. The beds are hand made to order and made from natural materials allowing for a great nights sleep.

I'm a personal assistant to A-List celebrities but one extremely kind & special boss in particular purchased this one for me while we visited the Hästens Birger Jarlsgatan store in Stockholm in 2012, having it delivered to my LA home by surprise! I just moved to NYC was so excited to have it shipped here! Upon arrival to my new apartment, I found out the moving company lost the legs during the 2,000 mile move, got light dust marks on the sides & managed to spill what appears to be a coffee on the headboard but none of it was as big of an issue as discovering it is completely too big for the apartment/space I have here :-(

I LOVE THIS BED TOO MUCH TO LET ANYTHING HAPPEN TO IT & ALMOST MAKES ME NERVOUS HAVING IT, so I only want someone who can fully enjoy & appreciate it in all of its glory to purchase it!

This bed has been used lightly by one person only and not every night as I often travel on tours w/ my boss. It has 23-years of its guarantee/warranty still remaining and well worth the price.

Hästens Luxuria Price List:

BED - $13,450.00+ US
HEADBOARD - $1,730.00 US

TOTAL - $15,180.00 US

ASKING ONLY $5,250.00/OBO US (Shipping NOT INCLUDED; NOR accepting offers below $3000.00)

The bed would need to be shipped from New York City or collected personally in the NYC-Metro area. I am happy to assist with the shipping but all shipping costs must be paid by purchaser - HOWEVER I'LL PAY ALL SHIPPING COSTS FOR ANYONE PAYING THE "BUY IT NOW" PRICE WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, which I will provide by request. This is a bargain as these beds are exclusive and as you will see very costly!

[Hästens.com]

Real luxury is never artificial. It comes from nature. And nature – well, it’s the birthplace of Hästens Luxuria, the entry level bed in our continental bed collection. We’re proud to present Hästens Luxuria. Hand-stuffed with durable horsehair and carefully selected natural materials. You will have an incredible night’s sleep. And what’s more, Hästens Luxuria is beautiful to look at. As natural as breathing Real luxury is never artificial. It comes from nature. And nature – well, it is the birthplace of Hästens Luxuria. Hästens Luxuria is one of our newest continental beds, designed to take your sleeping comfort and well-being to the next level – featuring, for instance, our unique spring system. Built completely by hand, and hand-stuffed with durable horsehair and carefully selected natural materials, it’s not however just a bed to feel good in. It’s a bed to feel good about

The proof is in the layering and real luxury is never artificial. It comes from nature. And nature – well, it is the birthplace of Hästens Luxuria.

Hästens Luxuria is one of our newest continental beds, designed to take your sleeping comfort and well-being to the next level – featuring, for instance, our unique spring system. Built completely by hand, and hand-stuffed with durable horsehair and carefully selected natural materials, it’s not however just a bed to feel good in. It’s a bed to feel good about.

BJX luxury top mattress

1. Bolster fabric (100% cotton) jacquard
2. Pure cotton & wool mix
3. Genuine horsetail hair
4. Pure cotton & wool mix
5. Genuine horsetail hair
6. Pure cotton & wool mix
7. Bolster fabric (100% cotton) jacquard

PLEASE READ ALL DESCRIPTIONS, BED IS ALSO BEING OFFERED FOR SALE ON A DIFFERENT WEB SITE SO I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO STOP AUCTION AT ANY TIME.

CONTACT ME for "BUY IT NOW" price.

Item is being sent from NYC; I cannot be held responsible for any duties or taxes that need paying. Any overseas buyers must contact for postage first.

MANY THANKS & GOOD LUCK!!!
This message was modified Sep 17, 2015 by jaggered
Reply #21 Oct 13, 2015 2:21 PM
If anyone is interested, I am selling our almost brand new Hastens Auroria for a fraction of the original cost.

Almost a brand new Hastens King Size (AURORIA) mattress (still in the original box), purchased less than 1 year ago for a vacation home that was sold and slept on 3 times with a separate topper. No pets, no smokers, brand new condition!!

New Hastens Auroria mattresses retail for $12,180, so this an opportunity to own a legendary Hastens mattress in brand new condition at a deeply discounted price. Comes with full 25 year Hastens warranty, paperwork and includes shipping costs. Please contact me at natalia902@gmail.com if interested.

$8,000 or best offer.
Auroria King Size Mattress (Medium)
Comes with full 25 year Hastens Guarantee
The mattress is in Manhattan, NYC. Contact me if interested and I will share pictures!
Reply #22 Oct 14, 2015 8:14 AM
Hi.Rosstamon
you should try putting it up for sale on Ebay , Good luck !
Reply #23 Dec 27, 2015 11:04 PM
I'm selling my son's Hastens with topper. Twin in great condition. I have no experience selling premium used beds. Any ideas. Or interested parties?

Recent Posts