Gardner Mattresses: Has anyone seen these mattresses in person? What do you think of the quality & comfort?
Oct 6, 2007 10:09 PM
Is this a good, trustworthy company to deal with? What is the price range of mattresses? Right now my budget will only allow me to spend about $2,000 on a full size mattress.

I need a decent mattress that is not too firm yet not too soft and provides the proper amount of back support and relief of pressure points.  I'm 5'6" and in the 130  pound range.

I don't want to buy from Sleepy's or Raymour & Flanigan based on lots of customer complaints. There really aren't any more local stores that sell mattresses except for Macy's, and their selection is limited. I'm desperate for a comfortable mattress, as I've been sleeping on an Aerobed. I don't know whether it is worth the long drive to Gardner Mattress.

Thanks for any info about Gardner mattresses and any other suggestions.

This message was modified Feb 1, 2008 by centralpark
Re: Gardner Mattresses: Has anyone seen these mattresses in person? What do you think of the quality & comfort?
Reply #2 Aug 5, 2015 2:40 PM
Just placed an order today for my Queen Full Sacro Laced Tufted mattress from Gardner. 

I ordered early for the Massachusetts sales tax free weekend (August 15-16), and not only saved the 6.25% sales tax but got 10% off and two free latex pilows as well.

I'll post back after I spend some time on it.

Jeff

Re: Gardner Mattresses: Has anyone seen these mattresses in person? What do you think of the quality & comfort?
Reply #3 Aug 27, 2015 11:20 AM
Jcturbo.  Congratulations on your purchase.  Was that a sales price they were offering or did you have to haggle?  Mattdud

Quote:

Just placed an order today for my Queen Full Sacro Laced Tufted mattress from Gardner. 

I ordered early for the Massachusetts sales tax free weekend (August 15-16), and not only saved the 6.25% sales tax but got 10% off and two free latex pilows as well.

I'll post back after I spend some time on it.

Jeff

Reply #4 Sep 3, 2015 9:06 PM
I got in touch with them before the sale started to make sure they were still doing the sale this year like years past.

I then drove out to Salem MA to "test drive" the mattress one last time and then pre-pay for the sales tax free day here in Mass as well as 10% off.

So a mattress set normally priced out at $1499.00 minus 10% minus the 6.25% sales tax cost me $1349.00 out the door for a savings of about $244.00 

Jeff

This message was modified Sep 3, 2015 by JCturboT

Recent Posts