Done Search (on forum) found problems with Sleep Science Mattress set!
Jun 10, 2010 6:42 PM
Okay CJones, I did search the forum and found a bunch of posts about Sleep Science latex mattress.

Some posts mention huge problems with Sleep sceince foundation that they are selling on Costco.

I am already turned off by these supposed problems the posters are telling about the foundation!

One problem is that Sleep science metal foundation is "sagging", "unstable". that it is metal tubing with only plastic covering the top.

That metal tubes are widely spaced and that the foundation starts to make a creaking noise.

I went to Costco site again and found out that the foundation is indeed made up of metal and that Sleep science is selling presumably the same metal foundation for "all" of its mattresses on Costco!

Off with Sleep science metal foundation. And off with Sleep Science mattresses.

I even went to Costco web site and read reviews by mattresss set buyers and some have said the same about Sleep Science mattress Foundation.  One even said s/he had been buying from Costco for 20 years and never in their life bought such a shoddy product.

This message was modified Jun 10, 2010 by roy1
Re: Done Search (on forum) found problems with Sleep Science Mattress set!
Reply #4 Jun 10, 2010 9:34 PM
pianoman wrote:

Hmmm... when I click on Kimberly's link it brings up the mattress and has a list of Related Items that shows several American Sleep foundations available for this bed from Sam's Club. Are you sure nothing's coming up for you, Roy?

It is only bringing American Sleep Eco-Green Foundation that goes with American Sleep Eco-Green latex mattress. But not the one that goes with this latex mattress.

Thanks.

Reply #5 Jun 10, 2010 9:39 PM
Sorry, I forgot you're trying to match the Sleep Science mattress from Costco. My mistake.
Reply #6 Jun 10, 2010 9:47 PM
pianoman wrote:

Sorry, I forgot you're trying to match the Sleep Science mattress from Costco. My mistake.

no. I am trying to match the Sams club mattress given in link by kim to the foundation. But I don't see a link to that unless ecogreen foundation goes with it. May be I missed something.

I don't see any ILDs description either. Thanks.

Reply #7 Jun 10, 2010 10:30 PM
roy1 wrote:

no. I am trying to match the Sams club mattress given in link by kim to the foundation. But I don't see a link to that unless ecogreen foundation goes with it. May be I missed something.

I don't see any ILDs description either. Thanks.

Looks like the Eco-Green Foundation is specified for both the Eco-Green and the Organic Mattresses (see first bullet point under "Specifications").

No ILD specs that I can find, either.

I'm 99% certain that this is going to be Dunlop latex for two reasons. One, it sounds like KimberlyH really did her homework, so I'm trusting her. Two, they make a big deal about it being all-natural latex. Most all-natural latex is processed using the Dunlop method. While all-natural Talalay is becoming a bit more common, it is quite a bit more expensive, and I don't think you'd be able to buy it at this price (which is definitely more of an "all-natural Dunlop" price).

My two cents worth.

Reply #8 Jun 11, 2010 1:13 AM
If the link doesn't work for you, try this link:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod865237&navAction=push

The foundation is shown directly below the mattress as a "related item."

My reason for stating that this is a dunlop mattress is that someone else did some research on them and found that the American Sleep latex mattress sold by Sam's Club is made and by Innomax.  If you look at the mattresses sold by Innomax on their website (they also have a showroom in Colorado) they have a model that is an exact match.  I phoned Innomax myself and they confirmed that the latex is Dunlop, manufactured by Latexco.  Incidentally, the price Innomax quoted me was considerably higher than the Sam's Club price, and the salesman was a bit of a hard sell.  But I got the information I wanted. 

One of the things I liked about the mattress is that at least one of the layers has five zones, meaning that it will be softer in the hip and shoulder area, and it's not a patched together zoned layer like the Flobed V-Zone mattress is.

I think if you were interested in the ILDs on the mattress, you could phone Innomax directly and ask, or phone Sam's Club for more information about the ILDs.  But I think the answer, as with most Dunlop mattresses, will be "firm."

If you want to track down earlier threads (circa April 2010) on this mattress, do a forum search of "Sam's Club."

This message was modified Jun 11, 2010 by KimberlyH

Recent Posts