Do Tempur-pedic pillows soften over time?
Jul 24, 2010 11:16 PM
I've had the TP SidePillow for a couple of nights. Initially when I took a nap on it, it felt great, but sleeping on it all night, I'm waking up with neck pain. It feels too firm or too thick for me.

Is this like their mattresses, where it takes a while for your body to get used to it, and does it soften over time like the mattresses?

Re: Do Tempur-pedic pillows soften over time?
Reply #2 Jul 25, 2010 12:47 PM
They will get softer with useage....but if you cant really use it right now....use it on your sofa or something, sit with it while you watch TV or other lazy things around the house...if its uncomfortable to sleep with then don't bring it to bed with you yet until ts softer and then hopefully it will work for you.
Reply #3 Jul 25, 2010 4:05 PM
Thanks, Gary & Budgy.

Maybe I shouldn't be trying to get used to a new TP mattress and a new TP pillow at the same time. Both are making me miserable right now. When I first go to bed, the Cloud Supreme and the SidePillow feel so good. A few hours later I have pain in my waist from the mattress and the pain in my neck from the pillow.

I hope the mattress isn't too soft and that that waist pain will go away. I really, really want to love this mattress, because this was the one I fell in love with at the store and didn't buy it at first, so I was all excited when I traded my Classic for it.

I want to love the pillow too, because I've been searching for many years for a pillow that would help my sinuses, and this pillow seems to do the trick. I think I'll put the pillow on the couch for a while while I try to get used to the mattress first.

This message was modified Jul 25, 2010 by tnpd
Reply #4 Jul 25, 2010 8:45 PM
I walked on mine a few times to soften it up and I really like mine now. They do soften up over time but that sped it up.

I need to get a dormeir pillowcase though as it makes my neck sweat.

Reply #5 Jul 25, 2010 9:22 PM
Thanks. I'll try walking on it. I have the sweaty neck problem too. I can't go with wool because I'm allergic to wool. I have a jersey pillowcase on it.
Reply #6 Jul 28, 2010 5:21 PM
I decided to give the pillow another try the night I posted, without walking on it first, and it seemed to be getting better. It definitely was an answer to my prayers for my sinuses. I had 4 nights of no sinus trouble. The 5th night, I woke up with sinus trouble, and my head sunk in a crater in the pillow. The pillow has already failed. It didn't just soften, it left a permanent 1.25 inch deep crater the size of my head that won't return to its normal shape. Same with the neck support part. This is not quite what I meant about wanting it to "soften" a little. LOL!

I called Tempur-pedic. I paid way too much money for a pillow that only lasted 4 nights! I sure hope they'll make good on this. I've heard it's hard to get them to honor their warranty on mattresses. Hope it's not the same for pillows. The person in the warranty dept I talked with says she has to talk with someone else and then they'll call me and let me know what to do.

Recent Posts