Adjustable Bed Linens
May 14, 2012 7:15 PM
I am thinking of purchasing an adjustable bed.

Are there particular brands/models of sheets and mattress protectors that you have found work the best?

Re: Adjustable Bed Linens
Reply #2 May 14, 2012 9:38 PM
asotuba wrote:

I've used an adjustable bed (Flex-a-bed) for nearly 20 years without any particular mattress protector.  If you want to use one, make sure it is flexible, because you won't want it to tear. The under half of the mattress should be protected enough from the upholstered cover of the moving part without any special protection. The top is normally all you need to worry about. You'll like having an adjustable, esp. when you're not feeling well.

Asotuba -

Are you saying that on your bed, the fitted sheet sits directly on top of the mattress -- rather than on top of a mattress pad?

Do you use sheets that are specifically designed for use on an adjustable bed?

Reply #3 May 15, 2012 9:39 AM
No, I have a thin mattress pad and the sheet goes over it. You don't need specially designed sheets for an adjustable bed. They are at the maximum stretch when flat.
Reply #4 May 15, 2012 5:09 PM
I use a brand called dreamfit.  You can find them online.  They are the same company that makes sheets for Tempurpedic.  They won't come off.  They have heavy duty elastic band all the way around the fitted sheet and additional elastic corner bands.  I have the degree 3 and love them.  You can find them on line. 
Reply #5 May 15, 2012 10:18 PM
asotuba wrote:

No, I have a thin mattress pad and the sheet goes over it. You don't need specially designed sheets for an adjustable bed. They are at the maximum stretch when flat.

Asotuba -

Thanks for the clarification.

Reply #6 May 15, 2012 10:34 PM
Good_Sleep wrote:

I use a brand called dreamfit.  You can find them online.  They are the same company that makes sheets for Tempurpedic.  They won't come off.  They have heavy duty elastic band all the way around the fitted sheet and additional elastic corner bands.  I have the degree 3 and love them.  You can find them on line. 

Good_Sleep -

Thanks for the information.

I took a look at the DreamFit web site.  I assume you are referring to the sheet set titled "Select World-Class Cotton".  Unfortunately, they list very few details about their products on their web site.  Hopefully, I can locate more information elsewhere.

Reply #7 May 27, 2012 10:46 AM
mattressresearch wrote:

Good_Sleep -

Thanks for the information.

I took a look at the DreamFit web site.  I assume you are referring to the sheet set titled "Select World-Class Cotton".  Unfortunately, they list very few details about their products on their web site.  Hopefully, I can locate more information elsewhere.

Perhaps I can be of service! I'm not a DreamFit expert, but have been working with their product for a bit. What information were you trying to find the answers to?

Reply #8 Jun 3, 2012 11:14 AM
sweetheart wrote:

Perhaps I can be of service! I'm not a DreamFit expert, but have been working with their product for a bit. What information were you trying to find the answers to?

I'm interested in the following sheet sets:

* DreamFit; Degree 3: Select World-Class Cotton

* DreamFit Degree 5: Premium Comfort Rich Performance

Unfortunately, there seem to be relatively few reviews of the DreamFit Degree 3 sheet set and even fewer of the DreamFit Degree 5 sheet set.  Is this because the Degree 5 set is more expensive?  Of customers that have purchased both... which do they prefer?  Did they indicate the reasons they prefer one set over the other?

I was disappointed to discover that none of my favorite retailers offer these sheet sets in stock at an attractive price.  Do any (desirable/quality) retailers offer DreamFit products at a discount and/or place them on sale on a regular basis?

Reply #9 Jun 6, 2012 10:20 AM
mattressresearch wrote:

I'm interested in the following sheet sets:

* DreamFit; Degree 3: Select World-Class Cotton

* DreamFit Degree 5: Premium Comfort Rich Performance

Unfortunately, there seem to be relatively few reviews of the DreamFit Degree 3 sheet set and even fewer of the DreamFit Degree 5 sheet set.  Is this because the Degree 5 set is more expensive?  Of customers that have purchased both... which do they prefer?  Did they indicate the reasons they prefer one set over the other?

I was disappointed to discover that none of my favorite retailers offer these sheet sets in stock at an attractive price.  Do any (desirable/quality) retailers offer DreamFit products at a discount and/or place them on sale on a regular basis?

In my personal experience, customers have been a little more adverse to the Degree 5 sheets vs. Degrees 1 - 4 because of the price that comes with Degree 5 sheets. It seems that the deciding factor with most of my customers is the feel of the sheets. Degree 5 is made with a bamboo blend and is cooler to the touch, and Degree 5 sheets also feel more luxurious than the Degree 3 sheets. Degree 5 also feels like a heavier thread count vs. the other degrees of sheets. All of Dreamfit's sheets are made with a sateen weave, but the Degree 5 sheets FEEL like the price tag that accompanies them.

Not very many retailers carry DreamFit sheets, but those who do generally have them for the price that Dreamfit requests or higher. I've done some precursory shopping for DreamFit in the past and haven't seen any retailers whose prices are notably lower.

Recent Posts