Newbie needs help choosing b/w two serta mattresses
Jul 13, 2011 9:35 PM
Me and my wife are in our 30s and are expecting our first baby. We are planning to buy a Serta Memory foam king size mattress. We currently have American Signature memory foam mattress and like it. We are torn between the two serta mattresses :

1. Serta memory foam- 8 inch pure memory foam with no gel- selling at a local store with box springs promotional price of 1000$.

2. On the other hand, is this one from amazon: (Just the mattress for $800)

http://www.amazon.com/Serta-10-Inch-Foam-3-Layer-Mattress/dp/B004PEJ1JI/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1309908228&sr=8-12

Our dilemma is:

The online one has only 6 reviews ,so we dont know how good the mattress is. The onlie one says "Serta" by sleep innovations- we dont know if thats the same thing as just Serta. also, the online one has a gel top but still costs less than the store one. Any opinions or experiences on Serta memory foam mattresses/buying online?Pls do reply.

Re: Newbie needs help choosing b/w two serta mattresses
Reply #1 Jul 14, 2011 8:13 PM
does anyone have any opinions? Pls advice
Re: Newbie needs help choosing b/w two serta mattresses
Reply #2 Jul 14, 2011 10:49 PM
Most of the folks here would stay away from any "S" brand mattresses.  I would only buy one that you can return for a full refund in a year if you don't like it.  Some here buy Tempurpedic and some have bought some from Costco but you don't see many buying memory foam from Serta unless it's from Costco where they can return them ....and often do.

I'm personally in the latex camp but some like memory foam and can tolerate the heat and lack of support.  When you get older you might need support and less heat retention.

Good luck.  If nothing else consider this a bump.

Recent Posts