Beutyrest Hybrid + Latex... update
May 11, 2016 12:43 PM
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

Because mem foam has to be heated to conform, and even 1 inch of latex makes significant thermal barrier to the MF, I assume that the primary comfort accommodation comes from the soft latex, and that the mem foam in the hybrid, further isolated by a thin layer of Polyurethane foam on the mattress itself is secondary, but still shapes overnight.   I took the latex off ( my firm hybrid pretty much feels like a Tempurpedic, just not quite that firm and not 100% mem foam) through the winter.  Now here in hotlanta it is too hot for me without the latex.  I may experiment with another "cool" pad solution in place of the latex, but still much improvement over everything else I have tried.  I assume you are here in serach of a solution... what is your situation?

Re: Beutyrest Hybrid + Latex... update
Reply #1 May 13, 2016 3:22 PM
Hi Shovel99.  I am currently on medium density MF and sleeping well.  As the warm weather hits I turn the ceiling fan on and remove some covers.  That usually deals with the heat.  Have you tried a wool mattress pad?  Mattdud
Re: Beutyrest Hybrid + Latex... update
Reply #2 May 14, 2016 12:44 PM
Hello,shovel99,
Actually few mattress have over hitting problem. That's really a bad experience in summer season. Already mattdud gave you excellent suggestion. Supporting him. You can use soft cover for these summer and you can tern on your ceiling. That would be better for sound sleep. You also can use Saatva mattress and other soft mattress. I was originally skeptical about making a mattress purchase online, however, after my experiences with Saatva…I am very happy that I took the chance. I purchased my Saatva mattress in November 2014 and felt it necessary to wait until now before posting a review. I chose to write this simply because I relied on others reviews to help me make my decision to purchase.

Recent Posts