Re: Is a 1000 coil Firm mattress too firm for a 135lb guy?
Reply #1 Nov 28, 2011 2:09 PM
My Simmons World Class lasted about a year before the poly foam broke down and sunk in the middle.   I only weigh about 150 lbs and then the lower back problems started.  My wife's weighs less than 130 and her side failed as well.  I wouldn't expect much more from this model.  But if you are willing to replace them every year, it might be worth it to you.  I'll never go back to a Simmons model again.  Good luck but consider yourself warned.
Reply #2 Nov 28, 2011 2:10 PM
Sall wrote:

My Simmons World Class lasted about a year before the poly foam broke down and sunk in the middle.   I only weigh about 150 lbs and then the lower back problems started.  My wife's weighs less than 130 and her side failed as well.  I wouldn't expect much more from this model.  But if you are willing to replace them every year, it might be worth it to you.  I'll never go back to a Simmons model again.  Good luck but consider yourself warned.

Thanks for the heads up. Which bed are you on now?

Reply #4 Jan 12, 2015 4:23 PM
It would depend on a lot of things. If it felt good in the store it will probably feel good down the road. With that many springs it is not going to wear out super quick I would think. 

Recent Posts